SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Daz and Schiano are clearly 1A. and 1B.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n108886 said:
You're right. But It sure would have been hard to convince anyone of that at the time.

Who in their right mind could imagine an offense even MORE boring and inept than the one we had in Daz's last year? I'm still having a very difficult time coming to grips with the fact that the University of Florida, in a state rich in the very best offensive talent in the country, could have offenses consistently ranked in the 100's. Really mind boggling.

Deadest of dead horses here, but did you actually listen to WM's opening speech? The writing was pretty much on the wall. We were just so sick of the Meyer/Daz style that people ate it up without really pondering what his vision was.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108891 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post
You're not serious. Addazio?? C'mon, man.

Either him or Schiano. Those are the obvious choices. Who the hell wants a one-trick pony like Chip Kelly?

Gonna be a long few weeks.... :suspect: :lol:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108891 said:
Either him or Schiano. Those are the obvious choices. Who the hell wants a one-trick pony like Chip Kelly?

Based on today's whipsaw rumors, have you backed off the Stoops eventuality at all?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n108891 said:

I was more along the lines of Daz and Jim Schwartz

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Please....please....please explain to me how Addazio could be allowed back in the state of Florida let alone at UF? What the hell is wrong with you guys? Don't you remember the last year he was here???? The dive play from HELL??? I would rather keep WM. And Schiano? Again, I must be on a very lonely Island but he won at Rutger in a conference that does not even exist anymore except to play basketball. He was a dumpster fire at Tampa. What am I missing? I don't post often, hardly ever, but I would prefer we just keep the disaster we have rather than move from one burning pile of crap to another.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n108896 said:
Based on today's whipsaw rumors, have you backed off the Stoops eventuality at all?
Oh, I'm certainly aware it could be someone else. But he's still who I think it's going to be. I've reached out to some people who so far have doubled down that it's Stoops.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n108898 said:
Please....please....please explain to me how Addazio could be allowed back in the state of Florida let alone at UF? What the hell is wrong with you guys? Don't you remember the last year he was here???? The dive play from HELL??? I would rather keep WM. And Schiano? Again, I must be on a very lonely Island but he won at Rutger in a conference that does not even exist anymore except to play basketball. He was a dumpster fire at Tampa. What am I missing? I don't post often, hardly ever, but I would prefer we just keep the disaster we have rather than move from one burning pile of crap to another.

Easy, brother. I believe you've fallen victim to somewhat lame attempts at humor....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n108898 said:
Perhaps you should trade in your sarcasm meter. Yours sucks. Nobody wants Addazio and only one person wants Schiano, and he's already been declared clinically insane.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108899 said:
Oh, I'm certainly aware it could be someone else. But he's still who I think it's going to be. I've reached out to some people who so far have doubled down that it's Stoops.

Interesting. Based on today's public statements, that seems less an option than it did 24 hours ago...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
George Wynn has the Mack Brown connection.

Jon Gruden not really mentioned.

David Cutcliffe not really in the discussion (Fulmer as OL coach and assistant HC? OL play would improve)

I was just looking for names that aren't really being tossed around by anyone, one of which could come out of left field and appear.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n108902 said:
Interesting. Based on today's public statements, that seems less an option than it did 24 hours ago...
I think 90% of today's public statements from both Foley and Stoops were a large bucket of :kiffin:

:bsmeter:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108905 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post

I think 90% of today's public statements from both Foley and Stoops were a large bucket of :kiffin:

:bsmeter:

Perhaps. I will point out that Stoopsy has traveled down this path with us before a few times. Just sayin'...

I still can't get fired up about him.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n108909 said:
Well, we all have our faults.

Guess I'm no longer your favorite poster....:cry2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n108875 said:
Just based on what Foley said about how he'd like the coach to have been "successful on the offensive side of the ball" rules out Quinn.
And Daz.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n108892 said:
Daz and Schiano are clearly 1A. and 1B.

Gruden, with Daz as OC and Schiano as DC.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
We could have cool t-shirts that read, "May the Schwartz be with yououuououououou!!"

I think we should get Jim for that alone.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm becoming increasingly suspicious that Stoops is just a decoy leaked by Foley to throw people off the trail. I'd be taking a hard look at people that aren't getting a lot of buzz.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n108916 said:
I'm becoming increasingly suspicious that Stoops is just a decoy leaked by Foley to throw people off the trail. I'd be taking a hard look at people that aren't getting a lot of buzz.

People that aren't getting a lot of buzz shouldn't be stared at. They should be handed another drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator