SOURCES: Coaching rumors - Bob Stoops? NFL coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Bovata, which correctly had Strong with the highest odds to become Texas coach last year, has Gundy as having the clearly best odds to become UF coach.

Also this article from today is very interesting:
STILLWATER — Boone Pickens was asked last week whether he was still supportive of Mike Gundy as Oklahoma State’s football coach. His answer raised some eyebrows.
But apparently, if you believe what he said during Monday’s press conference, Gundy wasn’t listening.
“Unless it can help me in the game this Saturday, it doesn’t really make a difference,” Gundy said. “Was it negative?”
Here’s the excerpt from the Austin American-Statesman:
Ask him about anything, and Pickens has an answer. Strange thing, though. He turns oddly silent when asked about the OSU football program and coach Mike Gundy.
When asked specifically if he was still supportive of Gundy, Pickens said, "My response to that is I'm certainly supportive of Oklahoma State University. I'm always going to be for OSU, I don't care who coaches 'em."
A reporter read those comments out loud to Gundy on Monday.
“That’s awesome,” Gundy said. “I happen to be the coach, so that means he’s supporting me.”
But would Gundy prefer a direct endorsement from the man whose name is on the stadium?
“I don’t need anybody to tell me that they like me or dislike me,” Gundy said. “I don’t really care. I just like to coach my guys and keep playing ball … I don’t know what to say. He’s old enough to make his own comments now, right? I can’t control what he says.”

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-state-fo...ns-lack-of-direct-endorsement/article/5367733

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
chferg;n108925 said:
Weren't you supporting Muschamp?

I support the gators. Just because I cheered for my team and stayed positive that we would win during games doesn't mean I support / didn't support Muschamp. I had hoped he would succeed. It could have been a fantastic hire, but he turned out to be a dud.

I guess I should have rooted for our opponents and hoped we would lose like a real gator fan, huh?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This criteria was just reiterated to me by someone. This is already pretty much known, but it's being confirmed from someone else:

- Experience as a head coach
- Good offenses
- Good recruiter
- Familiar with SEC

Now, seeing "good recruiter" leads me to believe it's either a current or former college coach. Would eliminate someone like Jim Harbaugh for example.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
oxrageous;n108933 said:
This criteria was just reiterated to me by someone. This is already pretty much known, but it's being confirmed from someone else:

- Good offenses
- Good recruiter
- Familiar with SEC

Now, seeing "good recruiter" leads me to believe it's either a current or former college coach. Would eliminate someone like Jim Harbaugh for example.

Wow, that person is a genius.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n108936 said:
Wow, that person is a genius.
Munk, try to resist the urge to post. If it was up to you Muschamp would have a lifetime contract.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
oxrageous;n108937 said:
Munk, try to resist the urge to post. If it was up to you Muschamp would have a lifetime contract.

Hardly. No problem, I can take my traffic somewhere else. Go Gators.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Take care, man. You'll always remain my favorite poster.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n108933 said:

- Good offenses
- Good recruiter
- Familiar with SEC

Having a coach before Christmas also leads me to believe that the coach is either in college or unemployed and im leaning towards college

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This search can go in many different directions. Keep in mind, the phone works both ways. Candidates who may be interested are absolutely free to have their agents/reps contact Foley. I have a feeling this is happening. One of Foley's comments today may have sort of given us a hint. Foley commented, paraphrasing, we don't cut backroom deals here, we contact Athletic Directors and coaches themselves. That means, at least at the time of that comment, his mind is on the college ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.