SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n109626 said:
Going forward something to consider:

@APMarkLong: Gators DE Dante Fowler says so many fans wanted Muschamp out this season that it became a distraction for the team

The problem with that comment is that probably 80% of us wanted a successful year and were hoping for the best going in. Obviously none of them changed that tune following the EM game, so explain UK taking us into double OT. Then explain the Alabama beating. And then the ultimate, explain how when the noise grew to its loudest point, following Missouri, the team put together it's best performance of the season. And then just when he was getting some of us back on his side with the 2 recent wins, he puts in a coaching performance like that last Saturday, with everything still on the line.

No. As we've talked about, this is very much to be expected to kids that have grown attached, and I can respect that. But the problem here is, and has been, WM. Hopefully he sticks around one more season, and can actually experience what it's supposed to be like wearing the O&B.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n109627 said:
Lol apparently Hudspeth can bench 370. There's a video on YouTube.

He better step it up - Zook was doing well over 400 while at Florida as coach.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Gatoravatara;n109650 said:
What character issues? Really the only thing he did was give TN the middle finger. Lebron did that to Cleveland and they have forgiven him.

Not to mention getting fired - ON THE BUS - from his last HC job.. and an ugly firing from his only pro HC job. I'm quite sure if he hadn't bailed overnight from UT, that would have ended in an ugly firing as well.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n109642 said:
This is a name thrown out on the radio a little while ago here in Jax.

Jack Del Rio. They said he's itching to be a head coach again and wants to give college a try. He has many connections in the south east from his time with the Jaguars while scouting potential NFL talent. During his time with the Jags he spent more time looking at kids from UF than anywhere else and he maintains a good relationship with Foley. TIFWIW.

If it were someone like Del Rio, or Schottenheimer, or McDaniels or even a Shanahan, it certainly wouldn't take until December to announce it. A current NFL guy or a former NFL guy could be named by Monday. I just don't think that's where we're headed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109650 said:
What character issues? Really the only thing he did was give TN the middle finger. Lebron did that to Cleveland and they have forgiven him.

He was a part of a number of minor violations in recruiting for the NCAA. As well as some other minor things.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The Original DC;n109658 said:
If it were someone like Del Rio, or Schottenheimer, or McDaniels or even a Shanahan, it certainly wouldn't take until December to announce it. A current NFL guy or a former NFL guy could be named by Monday. I just don't think that's where we're headed.

Knowing how much love Foley has for Muschamp my guess is he will not make any announcement until the season is done out of respect. Regardless if he knows who his new coach is or not.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheDouglas78;n109666 said:
He was a part of a number of minor violations in recruiting for the NCAA. As well as some other minor things.

I think this guy has a different opinion.

Attachments

• conv_1353.jpg
    conv_1353.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.