SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n110603 said:
Oh no he frowns on it? :fear:

Not that it's enforceable, but he has made it clear to all the schools that he wants them bringing coaching talent into the conference not raiding from within. If you look at the coaching talent in the conference it has been an effective policy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n110597 said:
Mississippi programs are not final destinations, like Texas, Bamma, and Florida. Going from Mississippi or State to Florida would make complete sense. I'm not saying to steal anybody from the big programs. But we should be able to easily steal someone from the good stepping stone programs, like we did Urbs.

Urban came from a previously bad Utah program in the WAC. How is that a stepping stone program, but a previously bad CSU program in the MWC isn't?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n110596 said:
Stoops now the slight betting favorite on Bovada at 15/4

Neither Kelly listed

That would be great if a betting site had absolutely anything to do with the hiring process.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n110600 said:
Slive frowns on Head Coach raiding within the conference.

i-m-shaking-o.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n110592 said:
Strong took a basketball school and built a strong football program. Yes, I know the conference that they were in. Sumlin took a crappy Houston and did the unthinkable. The other two ended up in Mississippi, not exactly powerhouse schools. Those are not top-10 coaching jobs. Florida, on the other hand, is.

Strong took a basketball school and did what Petrino did with it, make it respectable in football. Petrino did it 3 or 4 years before Strong so the history was still there. So lets not act like Strong was walking on water when he left Louisville. It's not like he make Kentucky a national title contender. Sumlin has done a great job at Texas A&M, but lets not pretend Houson is any more than Arkansas State. And Mullen and Freeze, they are at Mississippi middling schools, and have one good year each. And we don't even know if it is going to be an above average year or a good year yet. Dan Mullen has a SEC winning percentage of 45.5% (in year six so don't blame the previous regime) and Freeze is still behind Cutcliffe a guy who wasn't good enough for UF in both overall and conference winning percentage.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n110611 said:
Slive is leaving. He can frown on his way out.

Not leaving until July and his right hand man will probably take over. When the most influential commissioner in college sports speaks it carries some weight whether you like it or not. Particularly more so with an integrity guy like Foley.

Bring something to the table.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n110609 said:
That would be great if a betting site had absolutely anything to do with the hiring process.

They nailed the Strong hiring at Texas when the talk was Saban. That is the only reason I pay it any mind.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n110587 said:
Lol, when he started naming Freeze and Mullen... they would definitely been "nobodies" by his standard. Especially when BKelly came from Cincy and some people questioned that hiring when it happened

I can't stand the guy but he went undefeated at Cincy the year we blew them up. That was a great hire for ND.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n110613 said:
Not leaving until July and his right hand man will probably take over. When the most influential commissioner in college sports speaks it carries some weight whether you like it or not. Particularly more so with an integrity guy like Foley.

Bring something to the table.

Dude! I agree...there are probably some back room agreements in place. And if there's a gent's agreement that would make sense.

As the idiots chant SEC! SEC! LOL

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n110624 said:
I am bringing the same thing you are bringing to the table. My opinion. Your opinion is no better than my opinion. I am not going to even get into the fact that you wanted Muschamp to coach another year.

No there is a difference. You have a parochial view of everything. You don't look at big picture or ramifications of decisions. And as little class as you've shown in your posting history, I'm sure you would have no problem cheering for Winston if he was our QB. Debating you is like arguing with a little punk kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb