SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n109176 said:
Stoops, Mullen, Freeze, Kelly, Chucky, Sumin, anybody but Gundy. If Gundy is announced, the first thing people who are unfamiliar with him are going to do is look up this years record. And they are going think WTF?? We fired Muschamp only to hire Muschamp?

I question how you think Gundy is worse than Mullen. Gundy has a proven record, Mullen has had one good year. Not saying I want Gundy above some of those other names,

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops, Mullen, Freeze, Kelly, Chucky, Sumin, anybody but Gundy. If Gundy is announced, the first thing people who are unfamiliar with him are going to do is look up this years record. And they are going think WTF?? We fired Muschamp only to hire Muschamp?

Then they'll find this gem:

[video=youtube;aoMmbUmKN0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E[/video]

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm already bored with this topic. We've got another month or more to go I suspect.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

None of those guys are coming here bro you need work a little further down your list.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

NONE of those guys are coming...come on dude

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze could be gotten in my opinion.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the pool we will be choosing from will be more like mclwain,Gundy,Morris, harsin, hudspeth, Graham and if tcu gets eliminated from play off contention I would think Patterson gets a look aswell. Not all are guys I'm high on but I think that's more of the balk park we're in.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
G 2;n109182 said:
Then they'll find this gem:

[video=youtube;aoMmbUmKN0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E[/video]
I wish Dooley wrote an anti-Driskel article so that Muschamp could have repeated this press conference.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n109191 said:
I think the pool we will be choosing from will be more like mclwain,Gundy,Morris, harsin, hudspeth, Graham and if tcu gets eliminated from play off contention. Not all are guys I'm high on but I think that's more of the balk park we're in.

Mcelwain buy out is too big, hell no too Morris, Gundy is kinda a maybe on my part, no to Harsin, Hudspeth is a possible guy as is graham. Gary Patterson I'm not sure on

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109190 said:
Has Florida fallen that low that nobody good wants to come here anymore? We just get sloppy third's tier 3 leftover coaches? Foley is the one who set expectations high on this new hire. He better deliver or people are gonna be bummed.

No Florida hasn't fallen it's just the landscape of of college football. Everyone has money and top notch facilities.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Saban went 6-6 three times at MSU and 8-5 with LSU....DO NOT WANT
Gary Patterson went 5-7 last year with TCU.....DO NOT WANT
Mullen went 7-6 last year at MSU.............DO NOT WANT
Les Miles went 7-5 and 4-7 at OkSU.......DO NOT WANT

Wow when we judge coaches by 1 year I DO NOT WANT anyone.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n109193 said:
Mcelwain buy out is too big, hell no too Morris, Gundy is kinda a maybe on my part, no to Harsin, Hudspeth is a possible guy as is graham. Gary Patterson I'm not sure on

They are all upgrades

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain and Petrino have absurd buyouts, scratch them already. Stoops is likely to be steep as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n109187 said:
I'm no trying to minimize their conference, but look at who they play. Muschamp did better than Gundy did this year if you take into account strength of schedule. Gundy is the best we can come up with?

Muschamp has the recruiting advantage by long shot here. It's not even comparable when you look at winning percentages either

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
t-gator;n109191 said:
I think the pool we will be choosing from will be more like mclwain,Gundy,Morris, harsin, hudspeth, Graham and if tcu gets eliminated from play off contention I would think Patterson gets a look aswell. Not all are guys I'm high on but I think that's more of the balk park we're in.
You don't think Cutcliff is a possibility? We already have his OC. He has tons of SEC experience. He's an offensive coach. And the last coach we got from Duke worked out pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator