GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n109188 said:
NONE of those guys are coming...come on dude

The "none of those guys would come here" argument pisses me off. Florida is still a top 5 program. Easily. Start throwing around decent offers and just about anyone would come here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n109236 said:
Supposedly Stoops doesn't have a buyout and hasn't had one in years according to some articles out there. That is crazy on McElwain - what is it like 7.5 million or an even crazier 13 million if they make a big bowl this season or something like that.

They are already bowl eligible

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n109218 said:
I could get with that, bring cutcliffe in and let him and roper actually install what they did at duke.

Bring in Fulmer to coach the OL too. Alvin would implode.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;109222 said:
I just saw a tweet on that. McElwain's buyout is insanely absurd. Like 20 Mil.

Gator fever was correct with 13 Mil. Here's the tweet.

2qle3vs.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well they won't get into a play off bowl. But 7.5 is still too much for him

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n109246 said:
Well they won't get into a play off bowl. But 7.5 is still too much for him

Just one of the 6 I think is actually in the contract but I may be wrong on that.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
44 pages and no two posters can agree on a single name, yet we all demand Foley hits a home run with this hire. No wonder he stayed with muschamp until he couldn't any longer.
With that said let me take a shot at it. Brian Kelly has been having a hard time getting kids into ND and a even harder time keeping them eligible with the tough academic requirements. He's also taking the heat for going for two early in the game which allowed Northwestern to tie the game late which they eventually lost in OT. I think he's worth a call before we go to everyones B list.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Kelly is a good one. Would he leave Notre dame?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to throw my hat in for Hudspeth. The guy is a winner and competitor, very Urban-esque. Imagine what he could do at UF.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why does it still say Stoops will be the next coach???? I thought I read something that said he was gonna stay at Okrahoma.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
revgator;n109257 said:
I'm going to throw my hat in for Hudspeth. The guy is a winner and competitor, very Urban-esque. Imagine what he could do at UF.

If we go after a mid-major type coach, Hudspeth would be a terrific hire. Don't think Foley will go that route, but I would be happy with a guy like Hudspeth.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n109266 said:
Why does it still say Stoops will be the next coach???? I thought I read something that said he was gonna stay at Okrahoma.

And we know coaches never deflect, avoid, mislead, play dumb or flat out lie about coaching moves. :rolleyes:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All of this speculating, and it probably won't even be a guy we name throughout it all. Just like last time. Either way, so much fun to have something to be excited about again

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n108984 said:
- The really intriguing part is that Spurrier is aware that all of this going down, which explains his reactions after the game Saturday. As you know, Spurrier and Stoops are tight and Stoops surely spoke with Spurrier over the last few weeks.

- Moreover on Spurrier, he is planning to retire after the season and wants to be involved at UF in a mentor role, or certainly a support role for Stoops, Foley, etc. NOT a coaching role. Spurrier loves UF as much as you and me and is ready to see us back on top.

- Also, and this keeps coming up, but there's something cooking with Chizik, certainly not as head coach but an assistant. I've seen his name several times as being mentioned as part of a possible Stoops staff. T Rob and Lawing also likely retained.

- While Treon was a nice story and a lifeline for Muschamp for a few weeks, and while Treon still has a future at UF as a skill player, Stoops is keenly aware already that Will Grier is the future at QB.
Please give me whatever this source was smoking......Talk about living in fantasy land.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still see it even after watching the presser that Stoops will be #1 target. Don't see Foley locking in on one guy and that's it. He'll look at several but Stoopsy who I think is likely to be sought first. He wants a guy that's had success with the offensive side. Not necessarily an offensive coach. We can put the Shanahan story to bed as was confirmed last night on MNF at the half.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n109238 said:
The "none of those guys would come here" argument pisses me off. Florida is still a top 5 program. Easily. Start throwing around decent offers and just about anyone would come here.

Well get pissed off. They aren't coming for a variety of reasons. That doesn't men its not a great gig but we don't have the pick of the litter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb