oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is a continuation of this thread, which had become bloated:

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-s...rumors-part-ii

Some information is trickling in from several different sources. Not surprisingly, they seem to conflict with each other. :lol:

The first is this, and this is a direct copy and paste:

It looks like the next coach is coming from the Professional Ranks. Foley wants somebody very, very soon.

Here's the second rumor:

You may be shocked by this, as I was, but, don't be shocked if Petrino is our next coach. He has a pretty powerful supporter or two. I couldn't believe it. How could they even consider him? Stoops is lobbying for the job, too. I don't think that surprises you.

UPDATE:

- A call has been made to Chip Kelly's agent as he is the only candidate out there who may disrupt the Stoops eventuality.

- Barring from a stunner from Kelly, Stoops is the guy. Foley first contacted him after the Mizzou loss to gauge interest. At that time, Stoops and/or his reps made it known the interest was mutual.

- If the money works out (it will) Stoops will named the coach well before the bowl game.

- The really intriguing part is that Spurrier is aware that all of this going down, which explains his reactions after the game Saturday. As you know, Spurrier and Stoops are tight and Stoops surely spoke with Spurrier over the last few weeks.

- Moreover on Spurrier, he is planning to retire after the season and wants to be involved at UF in a mentor role, or certainly a support role for Stoops, Foley, etc. NOT a coaching role. Spurrier loves UF as much as you and me and is ready to see us back on top.

- Also, and this keeps coming up, but there's something cooking with Chizik, certainly not as head coach but an assistant. I've seen his name several times as being mentioned as part of a possible Stoops staff. T Rob and Lawing also likely retained.

- While Treon was a nice story and a lifeline for Muschamp for a few weeks, and while Treon still has a future at UF as a skill player, Stoops is keenly aware already that Will Grier is the future at QB.

NEW UPDATE:

Jimmy Sexton (Bob Stoops agent) and almost every college coach's agent has not been called. Period. So it looks like it is not a college guy at all.

Foley has actually talked to both Kelly and Harbaugh.

Bob Stoops is actually saying that Foley HAS his man. Which leads me to believe that it is a pro guy.
Bob Stoops has not and will not be offered. Period. All energy used to follow the Bob Stoops trail is a waste of energy.

NEW NEW UPDATE - It's source wars! :lol:

Well first of all, your last source indicated that Jimmy Sexton is Bob Stoops' agent and has not been contacted. I believe that Sexton has not been contacted because he is not Stoops' agent. It is Neil Conrich who HAS been contacted. The coach that I told you had been reached out to after the Missouri game was indeed Bob Stoops. It's not a lock as you know nothing in coaching ever is. But it is not a long shot either.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, that's as much reading as I've done in this 'bloated' thread. Interesting updates. Though I won't believe any of it until the official announcement is made.
:snob:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Still not buying it

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Some site is saying we want to and will talk to kiffin.....better be horse crap

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm voting for the Dark Horse!

Is that Racist? :racist:

E

EstebanRay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mike Wilbon said today on PTI that a bull gator said it's going to be Mike Shanahan supposedly this guy leaked that Urban was the guy before he was hired (although i'm pretty sure at the time that's what everyone was predicting)

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n110785 said:
Some site is saying we want to and will talk to kiffin.....better be horse crap

Kiffin has changed!

:lmao:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n110722 said:
Based on your avatar, I think you're nothing more than a (fun)bag man. :dance:

I dunno about him, but I'll admit I'm a funbag man.:naughty:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
EstebanRay;n110799 said:
Mike Wilbon said today on PTI that a bull gator said it's going to be Mike Shanahan supposedly this guy leaked that Urban was the guy before he was hired (although i'm pretty sure at the time that's what everyone was predicting)

If that's true, it's just a "stop-gap" hire!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
EstebanRay;n110799 said:

If it's Shanahan, I might just play golf year round.

E

EstebanRay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really hope this will not be the case he looks ill now i couldn't imagine what the stress of recruiting would do to him

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n110815 said:
In before this thread gets "bloated".
"Bloated" means 500 posts, when those using Tapatalk or ForumRunner can no longer see new posts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Kiffin with Fulmer as OC, Grudemonium and Gene Chizik as DC make perfect sense. And probably Ogre as recruiting coordinator.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If somebody told me I had to put money on who the next coach was, I'd bet it was Shanahan too. He'll be available immediately after the FSU game, has connections to the program, won't disrupt anyone else's seasons, etc. Not saying I wish he was the guy or not, just trying to read the tea leaves like everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.