SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can't post the quote from Greg McElroy's interview on Florida's Rival site. But his description of McElwain is exactly what we need. First words are "he a great motivator". Raves about him for probably 2 minutes. But that was his opening description. Hate him if you choose, but Meyer was the best motivator we've ever seen at UF. And we've lacked that the past 4 years. Whoever the hire is, they need to be able to motivate the existing talent and get us back to a winning mindset. I think that's more of an up and coming college guy than an NFL type.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's assume the big names are staying put...

1. McElwain 2. Hudspeth 3.????

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n111214 said:

Matt Wells, Tony Levine, Joey Jones?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n111214 said:

the guy from ECU... Ruffin...?

I really like Patterson and McElwain

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n111213 said:
I can't post the quote from Greg McElroy's interview on Florida's Rival site. But his description of McElwain is exactly what we need. First words are "he a great motivator". Raves about him for probably 2 minutes. But that was his opening description. Hate him if you choose, but Meyer was the best motivator we've ever seen at UF. And we've lacked that the past 4 years. Whoever the hire is, they need to be able to motivate the existing talent and get us back to a winning mindset. I think that's more of an up and coming college guy than an NFL type.

It would amount to one of the great ironies for Foley to make the wrong pick here because he felt the need to play it conservative. I don't wish myself on him in this situation.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hudspeth has 100+ wins as a NCAA HBC and is only 46.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n111175 said:
How exactly is Shanahan a worse hire or a bigger gamble that Ron Zook or Will Muschamp? Again I am not campaigning for Shanahan, but I just don't understand the attitude that this guy is horrible.

Secondly, who is the candidate that Gator Nation as a whole is going to respect and support? I am dumbfounded that there would even be controversy about SOS returning, but apparently there is. I think what will win the support and respect of Gator Nation is coming in here and winning some ball games and having a competent looking offense.
Can you name one thing Shanahan has done since Elway retired that makes you think he would be a good college coach?
I can't.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n111233 said:
Hudspeth has 100+ wins as a NCAA HBC and is only 46.

It's not a real offense if his quarterbacks don't throw for an average of 300 yards a game. In before Law says it again.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin;n111248 said:
Can you name one thing Shanahan has done since Elway retired that makes you think he would be a good college coach?
I can't.

Two winning seasons in his last six coaching in the NFL. He sucks. I don't want him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n111228]

It would amount to one of the great ironies for Foley to make the wrong pick here because he felt the need to play it conservative. I don't wish myself on him in this situation.
[/QUOTE]

So true.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention he broke RGIII - keep him away from G-Ville but knowing Foley - he's our guy.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GatorSkin;n111248 said:
I can't.

Well according to OX it would be having his Gator Jacket stolen and given to OX.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n111267 said:
Two winning seasons in his last six coaching in the NFL. He sucks. I don't want him.
Too bad, you're getting him. So can we count on your lashing out right off the bat?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something I heard on the radio today that makes a lot of sense:

The Gator fans want the Fun 'n Gun back. They weren't happy with Urban's offense despite the winning. Well the Fun 'n Gun won't work because even Spurrier doesn't run it.

I think that's very true. But we don't need to grind it out to win. We can still have a pro style offense and be fun to watch. Look at the NFL, plenty of passing going on. The real problem is we haven't developed a QB and that's the issue. We still don't have a very talented OLine, but it's gotten better. The RB's are there, and I think the WR corp is close. We have no idea how the TE's will develop from the 2014 class. Hell, I'd take an option attack if it won us games.

As for Shanahan, I don't think you can really judge any coach who worked for Dan Snyder. I also think RG3 is showing his true colors in the NFL. It's not all rainbows and sprinkles like they made it to be at Baylor. Is he my first choice...no, but I don't think he's a bad choice if he's able to put together the type of staff we think he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.