Not open for further replies.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n112619 said:
If you can't beat LA Tech, you have no business coaching at FL.

Urban Meyer lost to Western Michigan and Miami (OH) when he was at Bowling Green.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n112628 said:
Urban Meyer lost to Western Michigan and Miami (OH) when he was at Bowling Green.

Lost to New Mexico while at Utah.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n112629 said:
Lost to New Mexico while at Utah.

New Mexico was good that year. I mean, not like Utah good during Meyer's tenure, but they were solid.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, you know the drill. We only want coaches that have never lost their entire careers.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112632 said:
Guys, you know the drill. We only want coaches that have never lost their entire careers.

So that is why Muschamp was hired. He never lost as a Head Coach before coming to us.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WTF exactly is Foley doing in the 14 days before the regular season ends?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n112631 said:
The only thing he has proven is that he can beat bad teams in a shtty conference and lose to LA Tech.

He gave Mischamp's vaunted NFLesque defense all it wanted in 2012.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n112639 said:
Then he killed it at Utah. Which is the exact point I was trying to make. Those coaches need to coach at better schools. If they kill it there, then they can apply for the Florida job. Except for Gundy. You can't hire a coach that has lost his last 6 games to an elite football program. This is not the NFL.

Utah was nothing before Meyer. It was just as small as CSU or Louisiana Lafayette.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n112623 said:
I see your point. However, The Gator Nation is not in the mood to deal with another risky hire-no matter how small the risk is-and are really are nervous about having Foley be the one who decides. In a way, Foley is trying to win back the football fans. He might not care about what the fans think. But his rep is on the line and I am sure he doesnt want to go 0-3 (or 1-4, depending on how you look at things).

Freeze is winning in the SECw at Ole Miss, so his hire would make sense. We know Stoops can coach, so that would also make sense. Even Mullen seems to have proven that he learned how to coach (or it could be a fluke) and he is very familiar with Florida, so that could work. I know Foley hates him and their egos clash so its not happening. But those other guys have big ???? hanging over their heads. They might be able to coach here, but it would be a risk.

What has Freeze proved one great recruiting class, and he appears to be having a good year. Still hasn't broken .500 in the SEC in a single season yet. Needs one more win this year for that. Mullen is another guy who is floating around a .500 SEC record and he is in year 6, and was listed on the hot seat going into the season. Stoops can coach, but does he want to restart. All candidates have some risk. Just because three guys currently appear to have limited risk, doesn't mean that we know their entire risk.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112592 said:
Foley is big on "familiarity with the SEC". Gundy doesn't have it. I doubt he's even contacted. His fanboys can still dream about him naked, though - there's no law against that, even if there should be.

This is coming from the guy who believes stoops accepted the job the Sunday after the misouri game:lol:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Doesn't matter, Ox your source could be wrong, hearing some news today that Freeze is getting a contract extension and is staying at Ole Piss

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can assure you Gundy can coach better than any of navy's former offensive coordinators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.