Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n112654 said:
I can assure you Gundy can coach better than any of navy's former offensive coordinators

At this point, I would advise Gundy to get a restraining order against you.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
chferg;n112653 said:
Doesn't matter, Ox your source could be wrong, hearing some news today that Freeze is getting a contract extension and is staying at Ole Piss

That's old news. It was mentioned Monday that the AD was working on an extension. Freeze would be foolish to sign anything before seeing what others are offering from a negotiating stand point.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n112659 said:
Remember these are Mississippi schools with Mississippi talent. The fact that they are even ranked is a miracle.

A great coach can take lesser talent and beat better teams, except Alabama this year and LSU last year. Has he beaten someone he wasn't supposed to beat?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: It could be another month. Tired of it already. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112669 said:
A great coach can take lesser talent and beat better teams, except Alabama this year and maybe LSU this year. Has he beaten someone he wasn't supposed to beat?

The fact that he is at Ole Miss, has them currently ranked in the top 10, and is expected to win at least 9 games this season says that he's a really good coach. Ole Miss isn't known for consistent 9-10 win seasons and top 25 finishes. 7 wins is a great year for them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n112671 said:
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: It could be another month. Tired of it already. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

846362.jpg

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Just impatient. I think the threads were actually better before he got canned. :)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How many big time coaches (or what were considered big time coaches at the time - guys equivalent to the ones making 3 million plus now) have actually left a big conference school (BE doesn't count) to go to another school without being pushed out the door or going to the NFL after they departed. I am just trying to remember how often that has happened in the past decade or two while the coach was still in good standing at the school.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n112684 said:
How many big time coaches (or what were considered big time coaches at the time - guys equivalent to the ones making 3 million plus now) have actually left a big conference school (BE doesn't count) to go to another school without being pushed out the door or going to the NFL after they departed. I am just trying to remember how often that has happened in the past decade or two while the coach was still in good standing at the school.

Other than the NFL or two one of the top 10 schools... Maybe the move from Wisconsin to Arkansas?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n112689 said:
Other than the NFL or two one of the top 10 schools... Maybe the move from Wisconsin to Arkansas?

I don't think he was paid that much at Wisconsin however. Lane Kiffin is about the only 1 that fits the bill at the time I see going back 8 seasons even looking at ND and Michigan etc.

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
Some interesting tweets I found, could be nothing or it could be something. Discuss
InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 57m57 minutes ago

For what it's worth... A source told me that after losing to Missouri, Muschamp was finished. Yes. Even if he won out and beat UGA and FSU.

InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 54m54 minutes ago

... and the new head coach search effectively started right after the Missouri loss.

InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 53m53 minutes ago

I'm talking to my source now. He says UF is "as close to making the new coach a done deal as they can be with the season still in progress"

InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 52m52 minutes ago

I'll reveal the (likely) next coach on Monday. But Muschamp is still our coach and he has a game tomorrow. Let's win one more in the Swamp!

InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 12m12 minutes ago

To everybody asking for a hint: if the guy I'm told is the heavy favorite to be the coach... ends up being the coach... I'll be ecstatic.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n112632 said:
Guys, you know the drill. We only want coaches that have never lost their entire careers.

Have you seen my NCAA Playstation record?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He probably got that from here - Foley said he had to win out and many believe SC would have been enough - we will never know I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If that In all kinds of weather site says its Freeze I am going to have to chuckle some but I will hope its true.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
VirginiaGator;112700 said:
Some interesting tweets I found, could be nothing or it could be something. Discuss InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 57m57 minutes ago For what it's worth... A source told me that after losing to Missouri, Muschamp was finished. Yes. Even if he won out and beat UGA and FSU. InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 54m54 minutes ago ... and the new head coach search effectively started right after the Missouri loss. InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 53m53 minutes ago I'm talking to my source now. He says UF is "as close to making the new coach a done deal as they can be with the season still in progress" InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 52m52 minutes ago I'll reveal the (likely) next coach on Monday. But Muschamp is still our coach and he has a game tomorrow. Let's win one more in the Swamp! InAllKindsOfWeather @AllKindsWeather · 12m12 minutes ago To everybody asking for a hint: if the guy I'm told is the heavy favorite to be the coach... ends up being the coach... I'll be ecstatic.
Gotta be Chip Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.