SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
In the Keys on vacation thiz week and not paying attention to much of anything. So who did we hire today?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n115781 said:
Fans like you publicly pining for coaches that are in no way realistic candidates for our job make our fan base look as pathetic as the Chuggers with their Gruden delusions.

Let's review one more time:
  1. By making it to the NFL and HAVING SUCCESS there, Chip Kelly has almost reached the pinnacle of his profession. All that is left is some playoff success and winning a Super Bowl.
  2. Coaches, by their very nature a competitive lot, are unlikely to leave a higher level of their profession WHERE THEY ARE HAVING SUCCESS, to compete at a lower level, regardless of how great we think the job is.
  3. All of the coaches that have been cited as leaving the NFL to return to college, including SOS, Saban, Petrino - hell, even Lou Holtz, WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL in the NFL.
  4. Another oft-cited example - Pete Carroll - did return to college after a mediocre run in the NFL - then, wait for it.....scooted back to the NFL at the first available opportunity.
  5. Kelly left Oregon under a cloud of recruiting, um, "suspicion" is probably the best word. I've read he might have issues with the NCAA if he wanted to return and even if that is not the case, his issues probably do not tick the "character box" next to his name on Foley's list.
You're right, we can all voice support for whichever prospective candidate tickles our fancy - but the Kelly delusions make us look almost as silly as some of our rivals.

And I'll thank you to leave my "dickbeaters" alone.
​

He's joking around about chip bro

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly? I knew it!!! He's in the bag!!!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whoever we hire... we aren't as screwed as the school we hire a coach away from. Imagine being Ole Miss, ND, OU, etc... and out of the blue, your coach is going to Florida... now you have to start a search and try to keep recruits while half of them are going to try to follow the head coach.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly 100% confirmed. Championship!!!!!:banana:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@johncornell105: Sticking with my call for Brian Kelly at UF. Very good offensive coach..

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like chip Kelly is a done deal

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n115938 said:
Speaking of coaching searches, looks like ut basketball is about to be in one :rotfl:

That avatar freaks me out. Is that SAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.