Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n117861 said:
After listening to Noah Brindise this past week, I really think hire has to be successful. He made the observation that UF used to have an advantage moneywise because of the stadium revenues, but TV contracts have changed all of that. So we can expect the Ole Miss, MSU, Kentucky and such to be able to pour more money into their football programs.

Exactly every team in a big conference gets a lot of TV money so purchasing a coach from some other large school is not going to happen. Thus get a good coach from a lower level of competition or a big school who really does not value Football (like Duke). Getting NFL talent is not happening expect in special circumstances.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n118110 said:
Texas A&M just fired their DC. Gotta think WM is a candidate.
Heard it was a done deal yesterday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be easier for Muschamp to stay here and run the defense? He wouldn't have to sell the home and the team wouldn't have to go searching for a DC. Hell, he could even recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wm hasnt accepted. Pelini may be available any minute.

I think he may be having some Foley induced delusions that he is a good coach who just jad four years of bad luck and that some other AD will be foolish enough to hire him.

Not sure if hes gping to take it now or not. Maybe he waits on a D2 or D1aa team. He may need a year of reality check.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n118123 said:
Wm hasnt accepted. Pelini may be available any minute.

I think he may be having some Foley induced delusions that he is a good coach who just jad four years of bad luck and that some other AD will be foolish enough to hire him.

Not sure if hes gping to take it now or not. Maybe he waits on a D2 or D1aa team. He may need a year of relity check.

So you're questioning his ability to coach defense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No. Im questioning whether he will take a Dc job or hold for anHc job even if its lower division.

Ok, I see what your saying. Substitute HC for coach in 2nd para..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard it was a done deal and they were waiting for Wm to say yes. Apparently they will consider others if he doesnt commit now... or maybe they already have.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n118125 said:
No. Im questioning whether he will take a Dc job or hold for anHc job even if its lower division.

Can't see any scenario where he gets a head coaching offer. I could see him immediately sliding into a DC slot, even if the UF contract limits what he can do re recruiting. The man can coach defense in spite of what Spook insists Tommy Tuberville has said, which is that he can't.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. but all that matters is whether or not Wm thinks he may getting another Hc gig.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@FootballScoop: Gators, you watching this Arizona / Arizona State game? #CouldBeYours

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n118127]

Can't see any scenario where he gets a head coaching offer. I could see him immediately sliding into a DC slot, even if the UF contract limits what he can do re recruiting. The man can coach defense in spite of what Spook insists Tommy Tuberville has said, which is that he can't. [/QUOTE]

Too much of a chance that it could fracture the team chemistry, better just let him take his check and move on.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n118168 said:
@FootballScoop: Gators, you watching this Arizona / Arizona State game? #CouldBeYours

Can't be messing with Graham, Mora or Holliday since they lost today.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I doubt Muschamp is entertaining any offers until he finishes up here. No reason to rush. Doubt you ever see him outside of Power 5.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Coach9;n118239 said:
I doubt Muschamp is entertaining any offers until he finishes up here. No reason to rush. Doubt you ever see him outside of Power 5.

That's his M.O., he's never in a hurry to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.