Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n118239 said:
I doubt Muschamp is entertaining any offers until he finishes up here. No reason to rush. Doubt you ever see him outside of Power 5.

Im pretty sure he was begging for the Smu job. He would rollover and play dead for any HC gig at the moment.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n118168 said:
@FootballScoop: Gators, you watching this Arizona / Arizona State game? #CouldBeYours
I would die if they hired grahams garbage ass

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they mean the Bowden bastard triailer-born couch-burner.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n118313 said:
I think they mean the Bowden bastard triailer-born couch-burner.
Him and Mora are bad choices. Why hire a defensive coach who's defenses are soft as hell

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rodriguez-Bowden was an OC. You obviously meant Graham. While he spent some time w the Couchburneers I wouldnt consider him one.

Id be real surprised if we had interest in either.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Here's another coaching possibility - Jimmy Johnson! Extensive successful experience in both college and professional football. He is well-known and well-liked because of his work for FOX. I bet he's itching to return to coaching. He's a tad bit older, but far from senile. Who's with me?

[I look forward to the positive responses from this post]

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
QueenCityGator;n118320 said:
Here's another coaching possibility - Jimmy Johnson! Extensive successful experience in both college and professional football. He is well-known and well-liked because of his work for FOX. I bet he's itching to return to coaching. He's a tad bit older, but far from senile. Who's with me?

Everybody will pile on saying he's too old, his teams weren't that good, he only won multiple Super Bowls, coached at Miami, hasn't won anything lately (unlike Hugh Freeze, who has won so many things in his long and storied career).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I'm still hoping the cowboys give him another shot. But I like him especially because he's far from senile.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

I'm curious as to what makes you think he's itching to return to coaching. His coaching legacy is absolutely secure, he has lots of money and a great job that doesn't demand 100 hours of work every week. He's not too old to make a coaching comeback but he comes across as one of those guys who is truly enjoying the good life as it now presents itself. Some guys handle retirement well...some guys work till they die. Jimmy seems like the former.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n118338 said:
I'm still hoping the cowboys give him another shot. But I like him especially because he's far from senile.

He will never coach for Jerry Jones again...never

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n118503 said:
He will never coach for Jerry Jones again...never

That's part of the joke bro

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I bet he isn't.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n117915 said:
So Foley is discussing it with coaches AGENTS instead. :rolleyes: Talk about a meaningless statement. You can gauge interest without talking a coach directly.

This. From Foley's mouth himself, the coaching search started immediately. He's not looking in caves and under rocks, he's calling agents.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If the Gruden thing doesn't pan out, Gary Patterson seems like a good choice from the list of realistic choices ( although I'm still praying we win the lottery and land Jim Harbaugh).

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Posted this as well in the other thread....

12:10 a.m. – According to Sports Illustrated‘s Pete Thamel, Ole Miss’s Hugh Freeze is indeed “on the short list of Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley.” Writes Thamel: “Foley is expected to act quickly. While it’s still unknown where Freeze is in Florida’s pecking order, Ole Miss boosters and administrators are already scared enough that they’re calling around to see if they can secure enough money to keep Freeze. Expect Freeze to be much wealthier by the end of this week, but the question will be whether his paychecks are coming from Oxford or Gainesville.” Freeze on Saturday denied that the Gators have contacted him, let alone offered him the job (see below), but certainly there are other ways for Florida to make its potential interest in Freeze known. Foley said previously that he would not speak directly with a coach until the conclusion of that coach’s regular season, but he also said UF would not use back channels to secure its next coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AdamSchefter: One NFL source convinced Raiders are the favorite to trade for HC Jim Harbaugh, but Jets also known to be keeping a close eye on situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator