SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
QueenCityGator;n120530 said:
How about Mark Richt? Experienced coach, has worn out his welcome (like Stoops), achieved many wins, maintains good offense, knows the SEC well. Yes, he's worked at FSU and UGA, but that is a good thing since he will have inside knowledge on both of our rivals.

And went to miami.

JDexZ.gif

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
It's one thing to say no to him based on his results on/off the field, but excluding him just because he's a Bulldog? :racist:

For the record, I don't want him to become our coach, I posted b/c I wonder how you would evaluate a coach with SEC experience who is 135-48 with 8 bowl wins (whether at UGA or elsewhere).

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
OK, everyone feel free to respond, I am not going to post any more about him. I just wanted us to think outside the box. Have a good day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n120524 said:
You were insistent for months that Brantley
Yeah running the option w Brantley and smurfs was an abortion. Everyone but Daztard could see that. I fell off the bandwagon by Alabama and said we should be giving the reps to the freshmen.

Meanwhile you were on the Driskel wagon.... who is a historically bad joke. The boy who managed to finish 100+ for three straight years.

You were thrilled about the hire of Muschamp, insisting that his power brand of football
I was. It seemed a no brainer that he would have a great defense and hire at least a mediocre qb. Its not my fault he is a liar or thinks "multiple offense" and a "balanced offense."... or that really meant we are going to run the ball up the middle no matter what and the forward pass makes me tremble like a puppy. I also saw the light in 2012 even though many of you thought we were destined for greatness with the run out the clockfense.

I told you by 2007 that our offensive recruiting was atrocious and being 30-50lbs underweight at every single position would never work. We havent had a top offense since then and have been a punchline for 5 years.

You were among those that insisted that Meyer would bomb where ever he landed and was purely a product of Tebow and the coordinators.
I never said that. I said early early on that hed take the next job offered even though some actually believed the "medical problems" bs. I said he was going back to the Little League at a perfect time w PSU and Meatchicken on probation. I called him a vagina and a quitter but I cetainly wasnt surprised he could win in that lightweight league.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, speculation here has gone all over the map. We need to chill out and go back to basics.

* Proven head coach
* Successful offense
* Familiarity with the SEC
* Few if any blemishes on his record
And then there's this: Are we willing to poach a head coach from another SEC school? Isn't there an unwritten code that says you don't do that?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: I have a couple of sources telling me that Hugh Freeze will get a nice raise and more money for his assistants at Ole Miss.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n120583]Wow, speculation here has gone all over the map. We need to chill out and go back to basics.

* Proven head coach
* Successful offense
* Familiarity with the SEC
* Few if any blemishes on his record
And then there's this: Are we willing to poach a head coach from another SEC school? Isn't there an unwritten code that says you don't do that?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Foley would consider someone like Holliday despite his age. I definitely get the feeling we are going to end up with a Tier 2 candidate now.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
That "home narrative" about staying in Mississippi is stronger than people thought. Oh well, let's get Stoops.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even Noah brindice isn't impressed with mclwain. I think we all knew freeze wasn't leaving Mississippi

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n120601 said:
That "home narrative" about staying in Mississippi is stronger than people thought. Oh well, let's get Stoops.

My guess is Stoops said he was staying before we even went after Freeze.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n120603 said:
Even Noah brindice isn't impressed with mclwain. I think we all knew freeze wasn't leaving Mississippi
Dang, I didn't notice that we had formally hired someone else. Link?

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if anyone else has read this, but this is a good article from 2011 about McElwain. I think too many have labeled his offense under Alabama as being more dinosaur-ish. I think we need to find a HC that doesn't put one size fits all on the field and instead takes what he gets and turns it into something. It doesn't sound like McElwain is a one size all guy. I'm not saying he's the next hire or that he should be, I just don't think his offense under UA and Saban is the measuring stick either.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19571258

Another good read on McElwain and how his style developed at Alabama. Sounds like some of the run-heavy offense was at the direction of Saban.
http://grantland.com/features/a-deep...nt-richardson/

And lastly another article from USA Today recently. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...im-mcelwain-colorado-state-colorado/15111733/

Again, I'm only wanting to highlight his abilities as a HC and what he can do offensively. He's not my #1 choice.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
.@pat_dooley on @1010XL said the bad info he put out there on McElwain was that his buyout was an issue. Found out that wasn't true. #Gators

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n120670 said:
.@pat_dooley on @1010XL said the bad info he put out there on McElwain was that his buyout was an issue. Found out that wasn't true. #Gators

Tier 2 guy

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n120683 said:
Wow Vegas has Richt as favorite for Nebraska job.

Lots of Dwags grumbling about him today...as usual after he wins nothing of consequence again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb