Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121663 said:
Florida is Florida and Mississippi is Mississippi. I'm saying he probably could get us their with better talent, like Urbs and Spurrier. Mississipi teams traditionally are middle to bottom feeders. Florida traditionally is #1 or #2 in the conference. BIg difference.

Are you talking since 1990? Or going back to the 1940's? Big difference

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121696 said:
I guess it really doesnt matter now. We are just going to have to accept that we are getting a third tier coach and hope it all works out. Unless Stoops or Kelly change their minds.

I am resigned to it but I think the hire will be a decent Tier 2 type (I know we all have our opinions on who fits that however).

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121691 said:
You really expect me to put their name out their. Even ESPN is not doing that, and that is their job.

All I know is, Florida, Ole Miss and Jeremy Foley have said no contact nor any offer has been made, and this has been reported by ESPN. Unless someone can cite an official source or news outlet that states otherwise, all this hoopla that we were turned down by Freeze is just bs. Some shock-jock on Mississsippi radio, or some Ole Miss fan running a blog, or some Gator fan with a Twitter account are not official sources.

Look, I enjoy the rumor and discussion and speculation as much as the next guy. But when the real possibility exists that the UF brand may be devalued over an inaccurate report, I tend to want more than "I read it on the internet" or "I heard it from a friend of a friend."

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n121691 said:
You really expect me to put their name out their. Even ESPN is not doing that, and that is their job.

Even Gatoravatara has sources?
:hehehe:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: Person well entrenched at CSU tells me everyone in athletic dept there 'extremely nervous' Jim McElwain is firmly in #Gators crosshairs.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n121625 said:
Well Tennessee beat USCe, who beat ugay, who beat the sh*t out of Auburn, who beat Ole Miss!! Freeze is obviously not that good.

Let's expand upon that for a minute, shall we?

Ole Miss lost to Arkansas, who lost to Missouri, who lost to Indiana, who lost to Indiana State, who lost to South Dakota State, who lost to Youngstown State. Obviously Ole Miss REALLY sucks if they're worse than Youngstown St. And who is the president of YSU? Jim Tressel, the next head coach of UF football.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121410 said:
There is no other coach out there that is as bad as Muschamp. Literally no one. Anyone we hire is going to be a very, very large improvement. We may even win Homecoming again.

:lmao:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121685 said:
I'm not saying he is either. I am just saying that the college football landscape has changed dramatically and we cannot get away with being cheap anymore.

How is paying over market value cheap? He was supposedly offered what is the current rate for the 8th highest paid coach in College football. Explain how a guy who hasn't earned that as of yet, getting supposedly offered that being cheap?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Gatoravatara;n121696 said:
I guess it really doesnt matter now. We are just going to have to accept that we are getting a third tier coach and hope it all works out. Unless Stoops or Kelly change their minds.

Wut. Dude, only 3 schools hired 1 tier type coaches and that's South Carolina, Alabama, and ohio state. All three national championship winning head coaches before landing in their current gigs, but all took time off in between. Only one has duplicated the same type of success.

99% of schools hire from the smaller schools, assistant coaching ranks and those guys turn out to be top tier guys.

Nobody pulls in a top tier coach every coaching cycle it just doesn't happen. It's a timings game and the timing has to be 100% perfect for a great coach to leave his cosy coaching gig he already has. Landing a guy like mcelwain or hudspeth (Patterson is still my top hope) would be fine honestly. Let them come in, build a group of guys, and head out with all new energy.

Will tried changing the entire dynamics of UF football and that was his biggest downfall. A young offensive guy could do great here

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n121731 said:
Let's expand upon that for a minute, shall we?

Ole Miss lost to Arkansas, who lost to Missouri, who lost to Indiana, who lost to Indiana State, who lost to South Dakota State, who lost to Youngstown State. Obviously Ole Miss REALLY sucks if they're worse than Youngstown St. And who is the president of YSU? Jim Tressel, the next head coach of UF football.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
Is this the Gator Nation exploding as a reaction to something that never existed and/or the fear of that which has yet to exist?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n121747 said:
Is this the Gator Nation exploding as a reaction to something that never existed and/or the fear of that which has yet to exist?

That was me blowing your mind.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n121740 said:
How is paying over market value cheap? He was offered what is the current rate for the 8th highest paid coach in College football. Explain how a guy who hasn't earned that as of yet, getting supposedly offered that being cheap?

According to ESPN, he wan't "offered" squat by UF. And, as another poster has written - Foley won't offer anyone anything unless he meets him face to face, and he hasn't met Freeze.

So we can start making jokes about how UF was "frozen out" by Mr Freeze, or realize that we never made an offer. And now we can put Mr Freeze in the freezer (or, more accurately, our rear-view mirror) and move on to the next potential coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n121754 said:
According to ESPN, he wan't "offered" squat by UF. And, as another poster has written - Foley won't offer anyone anything unless he meets him face to face, and he hasn't met Freeze.

So we can start making jokes about how UF was "frozen out" by Mr Freeze, or realize that we never made an offer. And now we can put Mr Freeze in the freezer (or, more accurately, our rear-view mirror) and move on to the next potential coach.

Sorry, didn't put the supposedly infront of that one as well. It was supposedly offered (as you see on the second time I mention it). People are upset that he wasn't offered (supposedly) enough. I do beleive we did contact his agent, and it wasn't going to work. Which in my opinion is a good thing. In my opinion we seen who Freeze is, lets get a guy who can change the program. Someone who is hungry to grow with UF.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n121754 said:

Yeah, he seems like a cold guy, anyway.

[video=youtube;YkTHtWX7CCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY[/video]

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n121753 said:
That was me blowing your mind.
No, my mind is not blown. Well maybe by your logic and the fact you appear to be an alumnus.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n121759 said:
No, my mind is not blown. Well maybe by your logic and the fact you appear to be an alumnus.

My logic is undeniable. Youngstown St. would wipe the field with Ole Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.