Status
Not open for further replies.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'll continue to point out how amazed I am that Applebee is 10x the Gator that any of our post-Tebow QBs have been. It's troubling to say the least. Not a great QB(though who was under our last two staffs?), but a solid Gator that I wish we'd had around for more than one year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Fooley has been banned from the continental U.S. ? A restraining order has been issued that Fooley is not to be within 200,000 miles of UF and can have ZERO contact, including phone, with anyone or anything that remotely emanates UF?
200,000 miles would put him near the moon. NTTAWWT.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If it's a done deal...why 35 pages????

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll continue to point out how amazed I am that Applebee is 10x the Gator that any of our post-Tebow QBs have been. It's troubling to say the least. Not a great QB(though who was under our last two staffs?), but a solid Gator that I wish we'd had around for more than one year.

Same occurred here. Strikes me as a resourceful guy.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017

Word!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Source of said rumors?
no one earthshattering, like someone inside the program. Just someone who tends to have a lot of 2nd degrees of separation from the program. So they are hearing a lot of noise about an announcement from their network. They are usually pretty accurate, but it's never specific or early in information. Just that we are expected to make an announcement tomorrow. For all I know, they are canning Nuss right now or it could be a commit for either football or basketball. I dunno. But something this vague and non-specific from them typically happens. Of course the way this is going Stricklin could be throwing even more smoke. We need 4chan on this shyt stat.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well...yeah, that pretty much sums it up. You want some lengthy diatribe? Already been plenty of that....this Chip Kelly crap is just that...I personally don't trust the guy and think he would just prolong a good healthy recovery. Frost is as close to Chip as you can get without stepping in the cow pies and you still get all the meat.I will take my chances with the younger guy for the long haul. BTW... has Cover2 chimed in on this at all? Would like to hear his thoughts...
I'm better, I think, at game breakdowns than picking coaches. But what I think is that if it truly is between Kelly and Frost, I'd prefer Frost be the next guy, but wouldn't fall apart if it was Kelly. The way I see it is it's like deciding which woman you want to date because of their specific "talents." The older one can go pretty good. The younger one can go pretty long ;). I'd like a longer stint at this juncture and I think that's what it's gonna take to reconstruct the mess that has been building but actually exploded under the clown that just left. Gonna need energy to go along with a strong offensive plan and great, tireless recruiting. I think Frost can provide that. Don't dislike Kelly, but not sure he would be here for a long haul.

It's also easy to be a little fearful of a guy with only two years HC experience after Muschamp coming in with high marks as a Coach-in-Waiting. Just get a different feeling with Frost and what he has done at UCF in such a short period. But again, if these two are in play and happen to be the top two and we get one of them...we win.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Yes, either Kelly or Frost would be a home run hire.. after those 2, there are plenty of triples and some foul tips lol

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LOL you guys talk about Frost like he's wet behind the ears. He's 42. Kelly is 53. Essentially Frost with 11 more years of experience. I'll take that experience any day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Except Kelly looks like a coronary bypass waiting to happen.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/florida-tennessee-jobs-open-will-end-003816330.html

We wrote the day after the firing that the three prime candidates for that position will be UCF’s Scott Frost, Chip Kelly and Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen. That trio still remains in focus, with sources indicating that a thorough vetting of Kelly has begun. That includes calls to NFL executives to do general background on Kelly and exploration of his NCAA issues at Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator