Status
Not open for further replies.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So is Chip Kelly going to all of the sudden start liking recruiting?

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guarantee his first and second class will be better than anything Butterteeth ever did.
I'm talking about longevity. We need stability after the $h!tshow of the last 16 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm talking about longevity. We need stability after the $h!tshow of the last 16 years.
Mehhhhh... I know the fear of the NFL is great with some. No one seems to even be interested in him anymore.

They lasat as long as they last.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly was an HC for 4 years. He faced "out west" defenses, so put up admirable #s.(don't spout 1 or 2 playoff games as proof of concept) Frost is similar in not facing solid defenses, but Frost is in Florida headlines, in contact with Florida H.S. coaches, has recruits succeeding in college = an active operator in the southeast, in Florida. Kelly, known to you, is an unknown to these kids in Florida.

But still with me, it's a gut feeling. Frost gets on the the practice field with these kids; he legs it out with them. (rare)
Kelly doesn't leg anything out. He's west coast rusted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly, known to you, is an unknown to these kids in Florida.
fI had to listen to Rog pump those twin dummazzes Muschimp and Butters, but now he is here dumping on Kelly?

Frost is the padewan, Kelly is the jedi. That is all.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
Stricklin to Kelly: So, tell me what you think about Frost?
Kelly: blah, blah, great guy, blah, blah
Stricklin: What kind of coach do you think would be a good fit for Florida?
Kelly: Offensive guru with a good defense, experience, ...
Stricklin: Well... what about you? Would you take the job?
Kelly: ummm.... hell yes?

Probably

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
fI had to listen to Rog pump those twin dummazzes Muschimp and Butters, but now he is here dumping on Kelly?

Frost is the padewan, Kelly is the jedi. That is all.

You're lying about me touting those men; I stressed standing behind who we had as UF HC and warning about getting a reputation at UF for hair-trigger firing. That position still holds, those are bad routes, still. I was wrong in the sense that my position inadvertently provided "cover" for horrid HCs. Those, my true positions, still, are protecting UF not the persons who turned out flops. Finally, I never wanted the initial hires of those two to begin with. To pump for them would require that I posted favoring their hire.??

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The hire will be announced tomorrow, but it’s not Kelly. It’s Chizik.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The hire will be announced tomorrow, but it’s not Kelly. It’s Chizik.
giphy.gif

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
If true? I'm fine with it as long as there is some reassurance that this is not a 2 to 3 Year get me back into the NFL thing for Chip.

What he had at Oregon was amazing.

I agree but there is no way to know until he is hired and has been at UF a year or two. In all of the job interviews I have been a part of I have yet to hear a candidate tell me that they will suck and leave the first opportunity that they get.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It could also be a situation of Frost asking something crazy bc everyone wants him, say 6 mil, and UF saying for 6 mil we can get a guy who has more than one winning season.

Or it could be a deception that we WILL hire Kelly if Frost doesn't sign soon or whatever.

That being said, Franz is an idiot who is only right by accident.

I've only read the first page so far....but this is the most important comment in the entire thread.

Franz is the most full of **** Gator homer on the Internet. He throws so much **** at the side of the barn and whatever sticks he brags about for years. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb