Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
"According to sources..."
IF Kelly ends up hired this week there's the possibility, however unlikely, that he could coach the game against FSU. That would give him a chance to work with the current staff and decide if there is anyone he wants to hang around. Then he could go after the other coaches and staff he feels he needs once the regular season has ended. It would also give him the chance to work with some of the players and assess the needs before making a mad dash to secure his recruiting class.

You heard it first here. Soon to be out on Franz Beard's Twitter feed.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
IF Kelly ends up hired this week there's the possibility, however unlikely, that he could coach the game against FSU. That would give him a chance to work with the current staff and decide if there is anyone he wants to hang around. Then he could go after the other coaches and staff he feels he needs once the regular season has ended. It would also give him the chance to work with some of the players and assess the needs before making a mad dash to secure his recruiting class.

Also, it would give him a chance to immediately take over BBQ sauce sales at the stadium.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
F NO I don't want Mac back you jack nut! Mac is a POS. I am very much looking forward to seeing Chip Kelly in Orange and Blue OWNING and DESTROYING the SEC/Nation and Haters and Complainers!! Go Gators!!
You sure? That's not what your mom told me.

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have there been death threats made for not hiring a coach yet??? Oh That's right mac already got fired.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Maybe Kelly will bring in Charlie Weis for OC and Rob Ryan as DC. That'd be a lot of beef on the sideline.

On second thought, that would be too frightening for in-home visits on the recruiting trail. Momma would panic.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe Kelly will bring in Charlie Weis for OC and Rob Ryan as DC. That'd be a lot of beef on the sideline.

On second thought, that would be too frightening for in-home visits on the recruiting trail. Momma would panic.
If your brining in Charlie cheeseburger, you better get a yeti sir.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tuesday, Nov. 14 — Day 16
6:12 p.m.:
Mark Long of the Associated Press shared that “Florida has NOT talked money or contract terms with anyone being considered for the job” as of Tuesday evening. Chomp: That coincides with everything we are hearing. Many appear to be taking tidbits about Chip Kelly and expanding them well beyond their true meaning or consequence at this time. The greatest takeaway from the coaching search to this point is that Kelly appears to be a legitimate candidate for the Gators — nothing more. If UF is pleased with its vetting and wants to make a move on him, it will do so. But reports that it has gotten that far into the process are premature. Kelly is extremely private, and Stricklin is trying to keep this entire search under wraps. Everyone needs to calm down.

http://www.onlygators.com/11/12/201...ker-candidates-tracker-updates-news-analysis/

What do you take from it? You take from it that it makes far too much sense that there's interest from either party and that the vetting rumor is likely accurate. Anything beyond that is pure randomized speculation.

Which means we're gonna be to 3k posts, 230k views and 1.5k acts of silliness before anything of substance is reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.