Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
"According to sources..."

You heard it first here. Soon to be out on Franz Beard's Twitter feed.

I seriously doubt he coaches the fsu game. He just needs to concentrate on recruiting and building his staff.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
4b65f2b8afd21c8a855802ac84c0b978--oregon-football-oregon-ducks.jpg

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He isnt hating. He likes it and thinks concerns over "poor" recruiting or misplaced. He just thinks someone other than the QB is most important piece. I agree. We will see if we agree on the position.
I got a tweet for that

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 14 — Day 16
6:12 p.m.:
Mark Long of the Associated Press shared that “Florida has NOT talked money or contract terms with anyone being considered for the job” as of Tuesday evening. Chomp: That coincides with everything we are hearing. Many appear to be taking tidbits about Chip Kelly and expanding them well beyond their true meaning or consequence at this time. The greatest takeaway from the coaching search to this point is that Kelly appears to be a legitimate candidate for the Gators — nothing more. If UF is pleased with its vetting and wants to make a move on him, it will do so. But reports that it has gotten that far into the process are premature. Kelly is extremely private, and Stricklin is trying to keep this entire search under wraps. Everyone needs to calm down.

http://www.onlygators.com/11/12/201...ker-candidates-tracker-updates-news-analysis/

What do you take from it? You take from it that it makes far too much sense that there's interest from either party and that the vetting rumor is likely accurate. Anything beyond that is pure randomized speculation.

Which means we're gonna be to 3k posts, 230k views and 1.5k acts of silliness before anything of substance is reported.

That is where I am at this morning. Gatornation is trolling the Gatornation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We keep hearing about a press conference at 11 AM tomorrow, but not a damn thing from the school.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida: On the Buddy Martin Radio Show, Steve Spurrier noted that he believes the Gators will have “an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks,” and then added; “The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend, and through the end of the season, and maybe through the bowl game.”

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I’m going to work. Stricklin, you have one coaching hire for the rest of your life.

Do. Not. Screw. This. Up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This Heitner guy has turned into a fairly reliable source. This is from 20 hours ago via Gator Bait. Not sure about the timeline accuracy, though. The story references Tuesday and goes on to say Heitner was on a radio show on Wednesday, inferring the following day. Well, TODAY is Wednesday. One has to assume it's not a week old story.

Sloppy journalism? We've seen a ton of that over the past several days.

On Tuesday Heitner tweeted that Kelly was in play for the Gators head coaching position and that a hire could be made sooner rather than later.

Heitner was later a guest on the Opening Drive podcast on WJOX 94.5 in Alabama on Wednesday to discuss deeper into the possibilities of Chip Kelly being the next coach in Gainesville.

“From everything that I’ve heard he is a viable option,” Heitner said. “I just want to be clear. UF is looking at him, nothing is set in stone at this time, but they are moving very quickly on this. With Chip Kelly they don’t necessarily have to wait until the end of the season to pull any triggers like they would with a candidate like [Scott] Frost at UCF that people have talked about much in the past.”

According to Heitner, the one draw that Florida has with Kelly at this time is Kelly’s past NCAA violations at his time in Eugene. Due to SEC Bylaw 19.8.1.2, which requires a school’s president or chancellor to “consult directly” with SEC commissioner Greg Sankey before considering hiring a coach who has had any major NCAA infractions.

“From what I have heard the main discussions have been between the University and the SEC Commissioner just because you don’t want to hire a coach like Chip Kelly if there is any baggage that comes along with him. Whatever past transgressions that may have been, they want to make sure they are not going to be penalized in any way. The focus has been over the last 24-48 hours is if in fact UF feels comfortable with Chip Kelly and feel comfortable with what the SEC Commissioner is telling them. We could see something actually occur in at the end of this week.”

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...ators-and-Chip-kelly-as-next-coach--110476195

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.