Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
This is an interesting thought and think that it is something to consider. I will say point blank that I hope it is not Chip Kelly, but if I may expound upon your point. I do not think Chip is a total football coach and cares ZERO about anything other than offense and running 500 plays a game. For that reason I thought he would be unsuccessful in the NFL and for the most part he was. You heard his own players saying he was unconcerned about helping the defense, etc. Limited offensive playbook allowed defenses to really prepare for his limited schemes. but in fairness he has always believed in not having a zillion offensive plays, but being very good at a few plays. Nothing wrong with that. But if I can compare a little to SOS, who I also thought would not be successful in the NFL, for some of the same reasons, and he was not. However I conceded that I believe SOS was a better college coach at USCe b/c of his failed expereince in the NFL. He seemed more concerned about defense and special teams, than he was at UF. He seemed to run the ball much more at USCe and with more effectiveness. so perhaps Chip having had not much success in the NFL will have helped him learn about helping his defense and managing the entire game, etc. should he ever return to college ball.

Last night I was perusing an Oregon duck message board with Kelly to UF rumor thread. They talked about how he hates recruiting how he hates kissing alumni asses and he didn’t play nice with the media. Yet pretty much all of them would take himback today.

I am not too worried about recruiting. I tend to think just his reputation would spark things on offense and we can always get defensive talent Spurrier was not personally into recruiting but between his reputation for winning and playing wide open football and also some good recruiters on staff like strong and Zook we would almost always get top 5 classes.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Last night I was perusing an Oregon duck message board with Kelly to UF rumor thread. They talked about how he hates recruiting how he hates kissing alumni asses and he didn’t play nice with the media. Yet pretty much all of them would take himback today.

I am not too worried about recruiting. I tend to think just his reputation would spark things on offense and we can always get defensive talent Spurrier was not personally into recruiting but between his reputation for winning and playing wide open football and also some good recruiters on staff like strong and Zook we would almost always get top 5 classes.
Well if he hates recruiting, how did he get such talented football players? Oh.............right. :deadnanner:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And all the stuff about recruiting is stupid. Look at Alabama for instance.

Saban does not personally recruit everybody. His staff does. And he has monsters on his staff.

The reason Alabama is not running away with the recruiting title this year is because both Cristobal and Kirby are gone.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If it's Kelly, today would be a good day to announce. The entire football world would be talking about the Gators and all the recruits would hear it on whatever game they were watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator