Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
- Muschamp has already been fired and it will be announced when the time is right
- He's negotiating a smaller buyout if the team doesn't make a bowl
- Foley is not behind the firing and will not have much influence on who the next coach will be
- The new President is not involved in the hiring process yet, but he will be.
- They do have candidates for the job and have put out feelers. The response has been "receptive".
- While coaching candidates names won't be revealed, I'm told a coach from Mississippi is "unlikely"

This is information I've been given by someone who claims to have a contact close to the program. I don't know if it's true, take it or leave it.

UPDATED: I was contacted by a second source who also claims to have knowledge of the situation. He says:

- It is true Muschamp has already been informed he will not be retained. He's a goner.
- Somewhat contrary to my initial source, Foley will be the primary decision maker on a new coach (gulp)
- The Board of Trustees, the President, and the boosters have given Foley a "blank check" to make it happen - money will NOT be an issue
- Foley HAS already interviewed coaches, and agents have been spoken to as well. Interviews actually began after last season.
- Does not know who the coaches who have been contacted are

Again, take it or leave it. I don't know if the information is true or not. I don't think any of it is Earth-shattering, but I'm personally convinced that we won't have to worry about seeing Muschamp on the Gator sidelines next season.

SECOND UPDATE; I just received an email from a THIRD source who claims to have knowledge of the situation. Information comes from someone who is close to a member of the UAA Board. I'm going to cut and past most of it right here:

According to him, Muschamp is done. The unfortunate part is that Foley is the search committee for the next coach. The sole member. Supposedly he has a list of 5 candidates. The criteria: young, HC experience, offensive-minded, familiar with the SEC. He would neither confirm nor deny any of my guesses so I don't know the specifics but I absolutely trust the source. Not knowing me, of course, you may add me to the rumor mill.

This person claims that the source knows the five names on the list, but isn't saying who they are. They assured me they will keep working to get some names.

Take it or leave it, Gators.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Not buying it. Ox, this is a shameless way to try to gin up traffic on a bye week.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What happened to the original thread? That was fun reading.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. "

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
What difference does it make???? The public will know he's been fired by Nov. 29. I am only interested in the next coach, WM is already in the rear view mirror figuratively, if not literally.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n86524 said:
My sister saw Muschamp in Jacksonville wearing a boot.

He was just "tweaked"

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
what do the orange and white lines under our names mean?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Is this real? Or just a placeholder sticky until after we lose to UGA?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if this is true or not...even based on the original thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if Foley had the discussion with Will and told him there is no way he is going to be able to keep him after this year based on this performance.

I would imagine that Foley has had a list of candidates and keeps that updated just incase.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why take down the thread? A grown man put it out there and said it was "1000%". Ox, you're going soft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb