Not open for further replies.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of points:
  1. CWM already being "done": in this day and age, how would something conclusive like that remain secret? Why would they not remove him effective the decision date, if for no other reason than to send a message to recruits? If he was notified he's been fired, why would he stay through the remainder of the season? It just doesn't make any sense to me that this earth-shattering news isn't making even the rumor rounds more prominently.
  2. Assuming his fate is still being decided, based on all the evidence this far, I'd bet he wouldn't need to run the table to have a strong shot at retention. Win USCe, pound Vandy, and EKU and throw a scare into the Clowns and that might be enough - based on all the evidence before us.
CMW has a fan in Foley and apparently has (or at least had) lots of fans among influential boosters. Foley has made excuses for CWM in the past and has stated he will be evaluated at the end of the season.

What makes us believe anything different - no matter how much we may want a change?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
In response to Gatorbreath:
If Missouri could keep secret that Michael Sam was gay, than Florida can keep secret that Muschamp was fired.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n96846 said:
In response to Gatorbreath:
If Missouri could keep secret that Michael Sam was gay, than Florida can keep secret that Muschamp was fired.

Muschamp is gay???????????????

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96854 said:
"Ox News: Fair and Balanced."

5US.gif

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatormac2112;n96755 said:
If we win out he will get another shot.
Really going out on a limb huh???? Lol, if he wins out he is probably getting a raise.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp win the three games he should win and stays with FSU then Foley will bring him back. 7-4 would be his crap record - no ATL again. We've seen what this guy can do and its middle of the road trash. The program is on life support and bringing back the gangrenous coach would be the final push toward irrelevancy. The death blow so to speak.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
T REX;n96933 said:
If Muschamp win the three games he should win and stays with FSU then Foley will bring him back. 7-4 would be his crap record - no ATL again. We've seen what this guy can do and its middle of the road trash. The program is on life support and bringing back the gangrenous coach would be the final push toward irrelevancy. The death blow so to speak.

Ain't no other words to say other than that I agree. "Every Dawg has its day", yesterday was his. This kind of performance will not translate to the rest of our games, you can bank on that.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n96933 said:

Predicting the death of the UF football program whether a coach stays or leaves sounds like an 8th grade girl having a zit crisis. The Mighty Gators will abide either way. Try to ratchet down the drama.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n96952 said:
Predicting the death of the UF football program whether a coach stays or leaves sounds like an 8th grade girl having a zit crisis. The Mighty Gators will abide either way. Try to ratchet down the drama.

Not really...bringing Muschamp back for a fifth year would be the end. The guy is a ****ty coach. No drama anywhere in that. It appears Foley wants to keep him. The guy hasn't done dick since he got here. Four years of garbage. We're the Not-so-mighty Gators lately. Giving him a fifth year?

That will be drama.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think maybe one in a hundred would be ok keeping him. The fan base would go nutso...

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n96972 said:
Not really...bringing Muschamp back for a fifth year would be the end. The guy is a ****ty coach. No drama anywhere in that. It appears Foley wants to keep him. The guy hasn't done dick since he got here. Four years of garbage. We're the Not-so-mighty Gators lately. Giving him a fifth year?

That will be drama.

I am not advocating another year, but such a statement about UF football is stupid ~ plain and simple

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, what names did you guess that your source wouldn't confirm or deny?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Even if we do end up with 7 wins, the coach's philosophy (conservative bland offense) hasn't changed, and that's why he has to go. If we would have gotten 7-8 wins this year with great offense, I could understand the viewpoint about keeping Muschamp for another year. But every rational fan knows that all Muschamp has to offer us is 28-10 victories against underdog FBS opponents, 20-17 victories against low/mediocre SEC opponents, and 31-13 losses to superior SEC opponents.

PS - even if Treon is a great passer, I have no faith that Muschamp would fully use his talents

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n96977 said:
Ox, what names did you guess that your source wouldn't confirm or deny?
I have no clue.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we make it to the SECCG, I would be okay with keeping Muschamp. Most people thought that 8 wins would keep him here, and that's essentially what the record would be....might as well count Idaho as a win. I can't see why a big name coach would leave his school to go to a University that would fire you for going to the SECCG.

I think Mizzou will allow us the opportunity to win the East. I also think Muschamp gets outcoached by SOS, so this is all a moot point. But....I'm rooting for Muschamp. A successful Muschamp means a successful UF. It's clearer now than ever that Driskel was the majority of the issue. Sucks to say that but it's true. We are still rebuilding from Meyer and Muschamp clearly deserves some of the blame, but we are so close to being back. We have young depth on both lines, two talented young QBs with one on the way, a talented secondary, a deep RB stable....it's close to coming together.

Another thing to consider is recruiting. If we make the SECCG and Muschamp is fired, who will want to come here that isn't already a lean? Especially as much as recruits love Muschamp. If he flops, they'll understand but a SECCG appearance and they won't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.