SOURCES: While not yet public, Will Muschamp has been fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Gatoravatara;n106493 said:
Is there any scenario where WM stays?
Only if there is some unknown major financial penalty to the university if he is terminated early (I'm thinking about the Bobby Bonilla contract in which the Mets are still paying him $1 million a year until 2030)

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox has been vindicated, his sources are legit. He had the scoop over all the other sites!!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n106539 said:
Ummm, maybe because you said it's a shame to see him lose his job because because of bad officiating? If that's not an excuse, I don't know what is.

You failed to read my previous post, obviously!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator;n106514 said:
Not defending Chimp and his pathetic football philosophies, but the way he constantly screams and berates the refs can't possibly help calls in our favor.

They all do that. Plus, maybe he was sick of the BS calls. I would have smoked their a$$es too. Did SOS, Zook and Meyer berate them more than Muschamp? Their teams were penalized more.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n106782 said:
Ox has been vindicated, his sources are legit. He had the scoop over all the other sites!!

he was fired today, not a month ago. What is this ESPN hack journalism? Let's throw 50 scenarios against the wall and hope something sticks. If he was fired a month ago you either announce and the end of the season or at that time. No advantage to announce now unless the decision was just made. Did Foley start putting out feelers a month ago? probably, but it's a far cry from being fired. Quit trying to get a free lunch off Ox.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n108088 said:
he was fired today, not a month ago. What is this ESPN hack journalism? Let's throw 50 scenarios against the wall and hope something sticks. If he was fired a month ago you either announce and the end of the season or at that time. No advantage to announce now unless the decision was just made. Did Foley start putting out feelers a month ago? probably, but it's a far cry from being fired. Quit trying to get a free lunch off Ox.

The reason for the delay in announcing was the chance that we could still win the East.

They waited until we were officially eliminated from Atlanta before making the announcement.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n108088 said:
So, you want to go to lunch? :lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
alcoholica;n108088 said:

If he wasnt fired a month ago he should have been. Im just glad this thing is finally over.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n108342 said:
The reason for the delay in announcing was the chance that we could still win the East.

They waited until we were officially eliminated from Atlanta before making the announcement.

Alex.

Sorry bro, but I'm calling BS on this one. Had we best SC, EM, and at least played FSU close, Muschamp would have been retained and Foley was very much hoping that would be the case. Now, if you have some kind of proof that he was fired, already, I would very much like to see it. I'm always open to accept the fact that I am wrong from time to time and prefer reality over tabloidism. :-)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n108560 said:
only if you drive the miata

Ox, you have a Miata? I have one with a 502 CI, crate motor, 6 speed and Jaguar independent rear suspension and gear box. Is yours stock or have your converted it to a V8?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GIGator;n109402 said:
Ox, you have a Miata? I have one with a 502 CI, crate motor, 6 speed and Jaguar independent rear suspension and gear box. Is yours stock or have your converted it to a V8?
HOF

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n109400 said:
Sorry bro, but I'm calling BS on this one. Had we best SC, EM, and at least played FSU close, Muschamp would have been retained and Foley was very much hoping that would be the case. Now, if you have some kind of proof that he was fired, already, I would very much like to see it. I'm always open to accept the fact that I am wrong from time to time and prefer reality over tabloidism. :-)

I agree with this despite Foley saying he would have to run the table after the fact. I think he wanted any reason to retain him.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey guys, Muschamp has officially been fired. It's public now.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n109436 said:
Hey guys, Muschamp has officially been fired. It's public now.

Any ideas on who the next coach will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.