Recruiting Specifically, what has Mullen not done right?

If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• soflagator

• Slevin

• Okeechobee Joe

• GatorBart

• dubster1

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There does not appear to be a great many posters who were pulling for Mullen to get the job. But several, including myself, have come to the conclusion that he seems to be hitting it out of the ball park thus far.

I get the “let’s wait and see first’ mentality. Makes sense.

But what specifically does anyone think he is doing wrong or has done wrong? Not interested in what he didn’t do at MSU....just what some think his shortfalls here have been.

As they say....discuss.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Has he kissed :law: s ring yet? I know there are a few other's that need their's kissed too but I try to avoid
the bashing the coaching/admin. threads when I can.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
His name isn't Chip Kelly if that counts.

I wasn't on board with this hire at all when it was announced, but I've come around quickly. Hopefully he can recapture the magic of his last tenure here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He’s done as well as anyone could have hoped at this point. He’s got everyone’s support (minus Kev, Omar and a few others)...until he loses his first game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good gawd, here we go again.

He's one-dimensional, he can't beat ranked teams, his recruiting sucks, his special teams really suck, his wife's a b*tch and his toilet paper's too fluffy to flush.

Other than that, he's a real prince, Go Gators.

Did I get that right?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You can show law every stat, clip, you name it and he still shows up and says Mullen doesnt pass the ball.

A+ for consistency my dude

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Good gawd, here we go again.

He's one-dimensional, he can't beat ranked teams, his recruiting sucks, his special teams really suck, his wife's a b*tch and his toilet paper's too fluffy to flush.

Other than that, he's a real prince, Go Gators.

Did I get that right?

But again....that’s all MSU stuff. I’m asking since DM arrived here what is there to be critical about?

One I’ve heard is he didn’t fill the class. What else? I believe he is getting it right so far.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
In reality, I can't think of anything within the realm of actual possibility that DM could have done - and then didn't. Matt Corral didn't work out, but apparently that was due to an inability to come to a meeting of the minds that DM found satisfactory. The Boykin kid left us standing at the alter on signing day, but DM stole a couple of good ones himself, to more than make up for that "loss." If you trust DM's judgement on Corral, and I do, there is precious little in the immediate here and now to whine about. I say damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead!

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's not as good as anybody else we could have gotten, not good as anybody else.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm open minded, but I'm also from Missouri. Well I'm not really from Missouri, but you know what I mean. I've bought in before and been disappointed. I'll buy in when it's time to buy in. Win, preferably without boring me to death.

See my mood indicator.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
One I’ve heard is he didn’t fill the class. What else?
Ok....he's also waiting til next year to sign all the "good guys" :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:......Let's just wait and see.....They all seem to do all the right things when they get here....Champ, Butters did also..........Let's find out once the rubber hits the road.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I'm open minded, but I'm also from Missouri. Well I'm not really from Missouri, but you know what I mean. I've bought in before and been disappointed. I'll buy in when it's time to buy in. Win, preferably without boring me to death.

See my mood indicator.

I acknowledged in my opener that a “lets wait and see” approach makes sense on all the things he has seemingly done right. Will it equal results on the field is a legit question.

But interested in opinions on what he has NOT done right.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Ok....he's also waiting til next year to sign all the "good guys" :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:......Let's just wait and see.....They all seem to do all the right things when they get here....Champ, Butters did also..........Let's find out once the rubber hits the road.

Agreed...and of course we have no other choice. But you offered one...waiting till next year in terms of recruiting studs?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
?? Not sure I follow. Specifically what has he not done right since he was hired?
By all he has shown, Mullen has done everything right. Bet he wants to be at UF more than any other coach out of all college coaches. I'm fully satisfied at where he has us at this pre-season point. I am expecting Mullen to lead his Gators into fierce competition.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But again....that’s all MSU stuff. I’m asking since DM arrived here what is there to be critical about?

One I’ve heard is he didn’t fill the class. What else? I believe he is getting it right so far.
Nothing whatsoever. I was sarcastically assuming the role of naysayer. I like everything he's done so far. Law did, too, before he did a 180 on the subject of pass offense.

MSU had a fine pass offense in 2015 and so did Florida from 2006-2008. It can be done.

I'm also trying to remember the last time a pass-happy offense won a national championship. You need a running game first along with a great defense. Throw the ball purposefully and to keep the other guy on his heels.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen seems to be doing a fine job so far. Too early to really go either way to be honest. That next recruiting class will tell you most of what you need to know about him. We need a huge class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.