Recruiting Specifically, what has Mullen not done right?

If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• soflagator

• Slevin

• Okeechobee Joe

• GatorBart

• dubster1

Results are only viewable after voting.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Let em go. Last year it was 12-15wins and an "offensive explosion" once we got Franks on the field instead if LDR.

The GC groupthink has been amazingly accurate through the years.

5-8 seems like the “reasonable (with this amount of uncertainty)” expectation. We should “out-athlete” at least 4 teams - crappy as we have been we still have averaged 10-15 in recruiting rankings. Raw talent is still there. I doubt we challenge our more talented peers but if we go 50-50 in the others that’s a 6-7 win season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna change my mind on this subject five times before the season opens.

It's a wee bit early to know what this team will do.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Composite it trash because it adds two trash scores.

Just last year, it was the second most accurate in predicting the draft (247 itself was the most accurate). Rivals was the least accurate, by a large margin. It varies every year as to who is most accurate - hence the value of the composite. Doesn’t matter, though, as development is required for future success - something we’ve seen far too many times over the last 10 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just last year, it was the second most accurate in predicting the draft
Im not worried about the draft. that is all based on measurables not performance. Humphreys was the first round draft pick despite being a terrible tackle. is Martez Ivey come out this year he would have been a first to third -rounder also.

What Rivals does projects who will perform the best, which players will be starters, all-conference, All-American, and which teams are most likely to go to championships that's all I give a shyt about. I don't really care about draft order.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Im not worried about the draft. that is all based on measurables not performance. Humphreys was the first round draft pick despite being a terrible tackle. is Martez Ivey come out this year he would have been a first to third -rounder also.

What Rivals does projects who will perform the best, which players will be starters, all-conference, All-American, and which teams are most likely to go to championships that's all I give a shyt about. I don't really care about draft order.

Wasn’t 247 developed as a refined version of rivals by the same dudes who sold rivals to yahoo?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn’t 247 developed as a refined version of rivals by the same dudes who sold rivals to yahoo?
On a budget. And with FAR more marketing and almost no scouts.

They pay almost all the outlets (other than espn) and all the radio guys to use them and mention them exclusively.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
I think 7-9 wins is our ceiling, this roster is depleted of elite talent on both offense and defense. The only strength I see on this team is our core of running backs but it doesn't even really matter if your O-line can't open holes for them.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
On a budget. And with FAR more marketing and almost no scouts.

They pay almost all the outlets (other than espn) and all the radio guys to use them and mention them exclusively.

I hadn’t heard the “lack of scouts” angle. Most people who complain about 247 focus their ire on the fact that 247 has significantly more resources focused on the SE than other regions.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think 7-9 wins is our ceiling, this roster is depleted of elite talent on both offense and defense. The only strength I see on this team is our core of running backs but it doesn't even really matter if your O-line can't open holes for them.

How many teams do we play this year require “elite” talent to beat? Georgia, maybe Florida State? Our talent, generally, should be on par or better than most teams we play. If your argument was that we lack talent/depth on the OL and LB in addition to the fact that we are installing a new system, I might buy your ceiling prediction.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Wow...that thread should be required reading.

Only if you lucked out and were right would you want that thread to be a required read. If your wrong which you are most of the time, you wouldn't have posted in this thread.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hadn’t heard the “lack of scouts” angle. Most people who complain about 247 focus their ire on the fact that 247 has significantly more resources focused on the SE than other regions.
That is usually the complaint against Rivals by all the NE and Western schools. 247 is a small operation spending much advertising money.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only if you lucked out and were right .
Its not luck to look at a roster, the coaching staff (and their records) and see what is coming.

You just cant take off your O&B glasses. If Clowns had retained Nussdump, you would have laughed.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its not luck to look at a roster, the coaching staff (and their records) and see what is coming.

You just cant take off your O&B glasses. If Clowns had retained Nussdump, you would have laughed.

You just don't like for me to tell the truth about your son. Discuss it tonight at the dinner table and suck it up. Truth hurts sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.