Specs on 2014 Class

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We are in line to get 3 of the top 10 recruits for 2015. Especially CeCe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n9560 said:
Yep , we're at 80-81 right now . Why ? We lost Angus late to grades , Valentine and Thompson to medicals and North to transfer. Of course we added Mcgee , but that doesn't matter does it. As for walkons we only have 4 on full scholly , Herndon the rb , Valdez the backup kicker and Crowfoot and the other ls. One year scholly's don't count against our 85 . I don't know where you get your bs about our numbers being so low and renewing them to make up numbers is a joke, unfortunately it's to be expected coming from you
You're crazy. One year schollies do count against the 85. We have 5 walkons so we are truly only at 75 real scholly players. So after 4 years of Mushcramp, we are still basically a team on probation.

We knew there would be off season attrition. If no one anticipated it, it was simply another example of piss poor management of the team.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No I'm not crazy you ass . 1 year schollies given to walkons are not counted against the 85 limit . And we have 82 not 80 and I don't know where the hell you got 5 walkons . Herndon earned a full as did Townsend maybe Faris and Crowfoot are but that sop for most teams that long snappers and kicker/punters come in as walkons.So no law , we are not essential a team on probation.In fact if you go and look back we haven't had a season where we were at a full 85 since zook in 2003. Of course the truth means absolutely nothing to you does it.We were at 85 schollies after signing day, how do you propose that we skirt the recruiting rules to go over? The University admin , and AD do not allow over committing to ensure that we stay as clean as possible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n9889 said:
No I'm not crazy you ass . 1 year schollies given to walkons are not counted against the 85 limit . And we have 82 not 80 and I don't know where the hell you got 5 walkons . Herndon earned a full as did Townsend maybe Faris and Crowfoot are but that sop for most teams that long snappers and kicker/punters come in as walkons.So no law , we are not essential a team on probation.In fact if you go and look back we haven't had a season where we were at a full 85 since zook in 2003. Of course the truth means absolutely nothing to you does it.We were at 85 schollies after signing day, how do you propose that we skirt the recruiting rules to go over? The University admin , and AD do not allow over committing to ensure that we stay as clean as possible.

They (walk on academic scholarships) are counted against the 85 that season if they ever step foot in a game is what I read.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right, Fever. It was once called the Nebraska rule. Nebraska tried putting an extra hundred players on "academic" scholarships. You know, all those All-State linemen with 2.5 gpas were suddenly considered geniuses at biology or something and amazingly given academic schollies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n8694 said:
No Linebackers is still an issue with me.
Me too. Especially since we were down to playing walk ons at that position last year. We're pretty thin there. I didn't see the logic in not taking one or two last year.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nope , you're part right Fever. Academic or schollies from other sports count against the 85.For example when Demps ran track he was on a football scholly , but he counted against both scholly counts. A 1 year preferred Scholly is different in that all it guarantees a place on the squad. The only other perks are that they are allowed full use of the athletic facilities, team meals at the facility and athletic apparel from the school. The way the NCAA rules stand now to be able to be eligible for a 1 yr is to , never been hosted on an official visit by the school, you can go as much as you want as long as it's on your own dime. You've never been offered a full scholly, and,( yes Law , you're right it is in response to the corn****ers and okie etc doing what you said). And you've never been given any written form of guarantee about playing time or future full scholly.To the NCAA now, what the dividing line seems to be about the money , paid visits, tuition , books, room and board etc.When I read the regs, oddly enough the school is allowed to help them with Pell Grants or other financial aid as long as no money is coming from the school. As far as stepping on the field having any bearing on anything, nope. The NCAA mandates no more than 85 full scholly , they also mandate 20 walkons for a mandatory roster of 105.You can have more but not less . Most large schools have most of the walkons on 1 yrs. Last year for example Mcnelly and the other wr ,( cant remember his name) both played towards the end of a couple of games plus the 1 or 2 who played lb the last couple of games and 3-4 who played on special teams due to the injuries. They would of put us over the 85 limit but didn't because they don't count as per the NCAA.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n9542 said:
No doubt a good QB can still perform at his size, but it's his durability in the SEC I worry about if he wants to take lots of snaps and run Roper's full playbook with QB read runs.

He is not going to be running the ball 20 times a game. He'll be good for 5 carries a game as a freshman.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n10026 said:
He is not going to be running the ball 20 times a game. He'll be good for 5 carries a game as a freshman.

I doubt he ever sees the field his freshman year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator