Spring ball: Spring Scrimmage on Saturday

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Chris Leak, I haven't seen anyone working with QBs teaching with the ear hole mechanics any more ...
Leak would have been fantastic under SOS. It's so sad that we wasted his talents with terrible OCs.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Leak would have been fantstic under SOS. it's so sad that we wasted his talents with terrible OCs.

Part of me always thought that as well. But another part questions whether he was mentally strong enough for the critiquing he’d inevitably receive. There were only a few over Spurrier’s tenure that could, so not so much a knock on CL. But I don’t know if he could’ve handled it the way SM, DW and RG did. My gut sees more Dean and DJ outcomes.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has got to be the least exciting spring I can remember, apathy has truly set in for the football program.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Any updates? Our QBs throwing ropes to uncovered receivers?
Season 1 Premiere GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That was a great video! Really well done! It almost gave me some optimism for the upcoming season… Almost…

Now if our coaching staff could perform on par with our media department, we’d be onto something.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm actually going to miss these videos...

I’ve been asking around, and apparently you can have a department that creates these types of videos and also at the same time not be a complete buffoon when it comes to coaching. If the next guy is smart he’ll build off of the few positives that have defined the Napier era.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I’ve been asking around, and apparently you can have a department that creates these types of videos and also at the same time not be a complete buffoon when it comes to coaching. If the next guy is smart he’ll build off of the few positives that have defined the Napier era.
You raise some good points, but I have to ask... When was the last time we had a smart head coach?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Plus the half life of social media / marketing skills is about 1.5 years. I'm sure we're already 5 years behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator