***Spring Game Football Thread***

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pinero already has plenty of leg for any realistic attempt. Just work on reliability and accuracy, make it like clockwork.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pinero already has plenty of leg for any realistic attempt. Just work on reliability and accuracy, make it like clockwork.
I don't know that I've ever seen the ball come off a dude's foot quite like that. Even Sturgis didn't have a leg like that.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I don't know that I've ever seen the ball come off a dude's foot quite like that. Even Sturgis didn't have a leg like that.

He's the best kicker I've ever seen. If he can continue to hit 60% from the 50 yard range that would make him elite. If he can improve with experience he will be unbelievable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
55 yards is effortless. I wonder how much range he has.

My other thought is that he is such a weapon, can we even risk putting him on the kickoff team? He is not that big. I can imagine the Nulls or someone else trying to take him out of the game.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

My other thought is that he is such a weapon, can we even risk putting him on the kickoff team? He is not that big. I can imagine the Nulls or someone else trying to take him out of the game.
apparently his range is 70+ yds

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

They won't get a chance when everything he kicks goes through the end zone...

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Duke Dawson looked great in the game. Can't help but think he was affected by Callahan and now Gray.

Just realized Trask is wearing #11, just sayin'

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Duke Dawson looked great in the game. Can't help but think he was affected by Callahan and now Gray.

Just realized Trask is wearing #11, just sayin'
Dawson is definitely looking like an upgrade over poole. Him and kylan Johnson are looking like they could be 2 breakout players next year. As far as trask, I feel more comfortable with him being the back up than applebee.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dawson is definitely looking like an upgrade over poole. Him and kylan Johnson are looking like they could be 2 breakout players next year. As far as trask, I feel more comfortable with him being the back up than applebee.
Still like Appleby as the #2, but only because of experience. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to Trask getting reps tho.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Still like Appleby as the #2, but only because of experience. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to Trask getting reps tho.
I get that and it may be the best move but every time applebee was hurried he tried to throw it to the defence. Trask was more willing to throw it away.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get that and it may be the best move but every time applebee was hurried he tried to throw it to the defence. Trask was more willing to throw it away.
I get ya, and I agree with you. Big difference between real games and spring game. That's my hesitance.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
thanks threat, i didnt get to see it b/c i was on the road, was great getting to see it afterall!

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Atleast Trask gives us some depth and flexibility. We have options now.
I would really like for Trask to see the field next year in mop up duty. We are going to need a backup for 2017. It would be nice to have someone who has actually played in a college game.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
thanks threat, i didnt get to see it b/c i was on the road, was great getting to see it afterall!

I was on road also. It's nice to see QBs that can throw from the pocket and OVER people. LDR is the man as expected. I won't be surprised if Trask gets 2nd team snaps. Thompson looks slow. Pinero's gonna win us some games if it came down to a FG. All in all I'm excited about next season.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would really like for Trask to see the field next year in mop up duty. We are going to need a backup for 2017. It would be nice to have someone who has actually played in a college game.

But we don't need that this year?.....wtf?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
my two cents:

Lewis looks like a real weapon at TE. very fluid. reminds me of Jordan Reed.

they tried to make Hammond into a deep threat, but it didn't really come off.

everyone is high on Johnson's play at LB, but Reese was getting stuck in as well. With these two newbies playing along with Davis and Anzalone (as long as he's healthy), LB is not looking quite as desperate for this season as it was a couple weeks ago. Rolin still looks small and should only see mop up duty against non-conference cupcakes.

there's talent at RB, but the ground game is going to struggle. OL still can't get a good push. with the exception of two decent runs by Thompson, the best run plays were QB scrambles. we will live or die on the passing game's capacity to carry the O and again, a lot of that will have to do with our still rebuilding OL. they're big, but raw.

i rank the QBs as 1. LDR, 2. Trask!, 3. Applebees, Redshirt Franks.

surprised to see Trask! looking so comfortable, making good throws and decisions, and being more consistent than Applebees. pretty good for an incoming freshman. Franks may pass him up one day, but he deserves to be out there. no question.

so cool to hear Mac mic'ed up. lots of wisdom. comes off as an excellent teacher and leader. so good to have a talented offensive mind in charge again.

if Washington or Gardner can settle in at safety alongside Maye, and the LBs stay healthy, the D will be ready to ball again.

props to Cece for moving inside to DT as a sophomore - a move Bullard did not make until he was a senior. i thought this might have happened during the season or next year, but it is what it is. we need him to take on the less glamorous role now. he should be playing around 280 in the fall and should do good service for us in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.