***Spring Game Football Thread***

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Trask is very advanced for a true freshman. Appleby was incredibly disappointing.

I'm scared to death of our depth at tackle.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR ran against 2nd team and Appleby against 1st. LDR looks the part but I'm not so sure it was a fair competition. Appleby was under pressure quite a bit.

On the other hand, LDR makes decisions really quick and delivers on target.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
LDR ran against 2nd team and Appleby against 1st. LDR looks the part but I'm not so sure it was a fair competition. Appleby was under pressure quite a bit.

I blame Appleby for a lot of the problems. His pocket awareness was awful. Trask had better pocket presence than Appleby. Right now I have no confidence in our backups. Appleby or Trask needs to step up and I prefer it to be Appleby. He's the guy who has the experience.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give trask credit. He looked like our 2nd best qb.
Trash looked good against the 4th team D. And good with a white shirt on. That doesnt mean that much but he sure as hell didn't throw three interceptions either or do double pirouettes.

The most confusing part is that Jalen Tabor looked pretty poor out there tonight. That isn't good news at all. I wonder if he was hurt or not at 100% for some other reason.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby is a nice emergency option and that's about it. I don't think he's very good at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm scared to death of our depth at tackle.
DT? OT? Or both?

Harkless looked like a softball player who walked out onto the wrong field.

I'm still scared to death about the OL. They still looked pretty poor.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LDR played as well as anyone could play. I can see why Grier transferred. Appleby was fine and will give LDR competition going into the Fall.

Law needs to stop calling Trask "trash." He didn't play like a high school backup and has done enough this spring to prove that he is deserving of a scholarship.

Franks obviously struggled a lot, but I'm glad he finished on a high note. He's learning and will be better. Fortunately the depth at QB is the best that it's been in several years, so he has plenty of time.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Redshirt both Franks and Trask and don't burn it unless LDR or Appleseed go down.

Lots of hope after tonight, I don't think the D was really giving max effort for the most part either.

I like Eddy, a cannon for a leg, but they still weren't rushing him. Totally different animal when 10 guys are trying to **** with you.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
DT? OT? Or both?

Harkless looked like a softball player who walked out onto the wrong field.

I paid specific attention to the QBs and o-line tonight. I'll go back and rewatch the defense over the weekend. Harkless is awful. There were times where he was so bad I threw up in my mouth a bit. The best thing I can say about Mike is he at least got in someone's way at times. Harkless couldn't do that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trash looked good against the 4th team D. And good with a white shirt on. That doesnt mean that much but he sure as hell didn't throw three interceptions either or do double pirouettes.

The most confusing part is that Jalen Tabor looked pretty poor out there tonight. That isn't good news at all. I wonder if he was hurt or not at 100% for some other reason.
Trask made some plays against the starters at one point. As someone who didn't believe he was worth a scholarship, I think he looked like he belonged out there this evening.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Also, despite how bad Harkless and Mike looked, I thought McCoy, Desir-Jones, and Buchanan played good for the most part. They had some bad moments, but that is ok for redshirt freshman. Buchanan and Desir-Jones are really physical.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well some Gators scored 44 points in an abbreviated-time game.
IMO we have a good collection for coaches to develop.
That game went well for stiff beginners.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF SEC Champs and National Champs.

Del Rio a Heisman contender.

Mark Thompson Doak Walker contender.

Pinero kicker of the year.

Coach Mac coach of the year.

Dre Massey newcomer of the year.

Kylan Johnson freshman of the year.

CeCe Jefferson defensive player of the year.

Martez Ivey o-lineman of the year.

Brandon Powell kick returner of the year.

Townsend punter of the year.

McInnes dentist of the year.

Tabor top 10 pick.

Jarrad Davis 1st round draft pick.

Marcus Maye 1st round draft pick.

Bryan Cox 1st round draft pick.

Foley AD of the year.

Coach Mac teeth of the year.

Treon Harris pothead of the year (2nd in a row).

Grier idiot of the year (2nd in a row).

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to be polite with you guys, he missed a short one and a 50+ one. That's what I saw.

Wtf are you talking about? I said he was 3/5 and he was. Not sure what you needed to question in my post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.