• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What the fvkk are you talking about? He is soft, fat and slow. Have you seen him? He has as much roll over his belt as Fat Dog Brindeis did.

Franks is easily faster than Trask.

EJ and JJ are faster still.

Trash averaged 0.1 yards per carry in his two games (aggregated) high school "career". What are you basingnthis crap on? His HS "highlight" reel which was mostly him in a no contact jersey versus his HS scout team?

Its like you are on LSD or something.

The most hilarious thing is that the people making the insane comments now ARE THE SAME ONES WHO SAID BENCH LDR AND PLAY FRANKS LAST YEAR, when anyone with a slight bit of sense could see he wasnt ready (and may never be).
Yeah. You literally just made this up. Trask looks like he can move in the pocket while Franks thinks too long and takes sacks. Specifically broke down what I meant by that too which you seem to have skipped.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016

Franks and Trask are almost the same size. Franks proved to be durable and tough last year. Trask is more accurate in practice.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We still have a long way to go till fall camp. If Emory Jones can't beat out franks we're screwed. Or maybe the burrow kid transfers in. I've seen enough of franks to know he doesn't have "it".
He was just a RSF and being coached by butters and nuss...i'm going to keep a sliver of hope that he can turn it around still...he's got the arm talent for sure but we'll see with a real coaching staff if he can get it between the ears.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Jones aint winning the starting spot before game 1 folks. Hes been incredibly erratic with his throws. He needs time and coaching and the last thing we need to do is destroy another qbs confidence early on

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I wish DM would name Trask the leader in practice just so I can watch the Donkey Meltdown.
I am no longer satisfied with just that. In fact, I want to see Trask both start and play brilliantly while leading the Gators to glorious victories over uga and the Noles. Then the melt down will be something to behold.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/photos-and-observations-from-florida-gators-spring-practice-saturday

That said, Franks did throw the only interception during team drills, uncorking an ill-fated short pass right to cornerback Marco Wilson for a pick-6.

It was reminiscent of some of the questionable decisions Franks made as a rookie starter last fall. But he is the only quarterback on the roster with college experience, and that gives him an advantage on the others.....

The offensive line remains a concern. Florida offensive line coach John Hevesy could not contain his frustration with the unit Saturday during team drills. During one sequence in first team vs. first team, Franks took a sack, got off a quick completion to Swain under pressure and then took another sack (or whistle as a defender closed in on him). Hevesy yelled, “I’m tired of sacks. Pay attention!” Among other things.

The first-team offensive line continues to be Martez Ivey at left tackle, Tyler Jordan at left guard, T.J. McCoy at center, Fred Johnson at right guard and Jawaan Taylor at right tackle. Brett Heggie, the starting left guard last season, is out because of a season-ending knee injury.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Trask hasn't thrown a pass that mattered since middle school. He also looks like he has a bit of a gut so I'm not sure how agile he can really be on the field. Nice practice arm but how much does that really matter. Emory looks like he needs a redshirt so I guess we are rolling with Franks. Might miss a bowl for 2nd year in a row.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/photos-and-observations-from-florida-gators-spring-practice-saturday

That said, Franks did throw the only interception during team drills, uncorking an ill-fated short pass right to cornerback Marco Wilson for a pick-6.

It was reminiscent of some of the questionable decisions Franks made as a rookie starter last fall. But he is the only quarterback on the roster with college experience, and that gives him an advantage on the others.....

The offensive line remains a concern. Florida offensive line coach John Hevesy could not contain his frustration with the unit Saturday during team drills. During one sequence in first team vs. first team, Franks took a sack, got off a quick completion to Swain under pressure and then took another sack (or whistle as a defender closed in on him). Hevesy yelled, “I’m tired of sacks. Pay attention!” Among other things.

The first-team offensive line continues to be Martez Ivey at left tackle, Tyler Jordan at left guard, T.J. McCoy at center, Fred Johnson at right guard and Jawaan Taylor at right tackle. Brett Heggie, the starting left guard last season, is out because of a season-ending knee injury.

Looks like another year of shytty OL play.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I’m not going to worry about the oline at this point. New system, new coaches, new coaching style...I expect to see issues. If this shyt is still happening in August, then we may need to temper the expectations

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
With the status of the OL, we will need them all, so just relax and drink , ;)

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m not going to worry about the oline at this point. New system, new coaches, new coaching style...I expect to see issues. If this shyt is still happening in August, then we may need to temper the expectations

You have expectations at this point? Are they positive or negative? I have “average” or “meh” expectations. Something like 7-5/8-4. I’m not ready to believe the assembled OL talent or current QB talent (at this stage in their development) warrant a massive turnaround but I think the RBs and defense are talented enough to win a few.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like the O line is struggling again. We may have the most seasoned but ineffective O line in the whole country if they don't get it corrected. Sounds like Franks is still lost at times also.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
You have expectations at this point? Are they positive or negative? I have “average” or “meh” expectations. Something like 7-5/8-4. I’m not ready to believe the assembled OL talent or current QB talent (at this stage in their development) warrant a massive turnaround but I think the RBs and defense are talented enough to win a few.
my expectations are 8 wins maybe 9. If the line struggles then 6-7 wins

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
At least we aren’t getting bs about Oline. Still early hope they unlearn the shyt they they were taught by previous staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.