• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I haven't seen anything suggesting we're looking for a grad transfer QB. SDS and other sites have been reporting Alabama and UT are heavily involved in trying to land a grad transfer (the ECU kid to Alabama and the Stanford kid to UT)....but nothing discussing UF.

Damn don’t like that. Emory could be all world and all it would take is one injury and we are back to missing a bowl game

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn don’t like that. Emory could be all world and all it would take is one injury and we are back to missing a bowl game
I keep smelling cotton candy!

Anyone else? I swear. Cotton candy and popcorn.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MOM?
@JakeAllen_14: Surgery went well, going to beat @Ldelrio12 recovery of 9 days.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Franks' big arm impresses Mullen
Florida Gators head coach Dan Mullen discusses 2017 starting quarterback Feleipe Franks.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...Franks-big-arm-impresses-Dan-Mullen-115624773

Figuring out Florida’s quarterback woes is the top task of new head coach Dan Mullen. The Gators starting signal caller in 2017, Feleipe Franks, had his struggles last season. However, Mullen sees a unique gift in Franks that even NFL quarterbacks he has coached in the past do not possess.

"I mean, I watched a quarterback, I watched Feleipe Franks throw the ball 75 yards against Tennessee,” Mullen said. “The last quarterback I saw that could throw the ball that far was Cam Newton. The last quarterback I coached that had that arm talent was Cam Newton. Dak Prescott can't throw that hard, and he's one of the top quarterbacks. Alex Smith can't throw that hard. Neither of them can and they're some of the top quarterbacks in the NFL.”

Franks will certainly be in the quarterback battle for the Gators in 2018. Mullen was quick to point out every quarterback will begin the hunt for the starting job on an even playing field.

"To me, as far as positions go, every position is wide open," Mullen said. "I'm not big on pre-existing kind of judgment on where they are. I don't know what they were running on offense or defense last year. I'll watch the film to see some of their mobility, but I don't know what they were doing last year or what they were being coached to do or how they were taught.”

Mullen’s offensive scheme is different that his predecessor. Former head coach Jim McElwain relied upon pocket passers, while Mullen has often asked his quarterbacks to run. Can Franks fit into Mullen’s system?

“I don't see why not. I've got to see once he gets on the field, but he's had a great attitude of what I look for in a quarterback, which is a guy that's going to compete and set a standard very high for everybody.”

Franks is entering his redshirt sophomore season in 2018. A year ago as a freshman, he only completed 55-percent of his passes and threw nine touchdowns to eight interceptions.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MOM?

No, this news came out in the last day or so. If that kid wants to be in the conversation he needs to get healthy asap. Looks like he's buddies w/ the Mr. Twiitter Del Rio:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I for one would like for Franks to earn the starting job and do well. He's got good size and talent, and the reads are simpler in Mullen's system compared to the shark rapist. I think some good coaching for once will do him a lot of good.

Now whether this happens or not is still up in the air. I know there are questions about his decision making, but I think it is too early to write him off. Experience and good coaching are very valuable to a QB, and he had neither last year. Looking forward to see what happens.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MOM?

Florida quarterback Jake Allen recovering from surgery

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-quarterback-jake-allen-recovering-surgery

Florida quarterback Jake Allen is recovering from surgery, but should be back in time for spring practice.

Allen had the procedure on Monday and tweeted that it went well. Gators coach Dan Mullen did not address the specifics of Allen’s surgery when asked Tuesday in Tampa by SEC Country’s Ryan Young.

“We’ll get into all that in spring,” Mullen said on Allen. “I’m not big on talking injuries. We’ll see when it affects us to have him actually practice. It wasn’t a physical ailment.”

Sources close to Allen told SEC Country he had an appendectomy. The redshirt freshman tweeted that he’s going to beat the recovery time of former Florida quarterback Luke Del Rio.

Del Rio had his appendix removed in August 2015 and was back at practice nine days later. Former Gators QB Jeff Driskel also had an appendectomy in July 2013 and returned nine days after the procedure.

The Gators begin spring football on March 16 and the first two practices are open to the fans. Mullen will have open competition at quarterback with Allen, Feleipe Franks, Emory Jones and Kyle Trask.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I for one would like for Franks to earn the starting job and do well. He's got good size and talent, and the reads are simpler in Mullen's system compared to the shark rapist. I think some good coaching for once will do him a lot of good.

Now whether this happens or not is still up in the air. I know there are questions about his decision making, but I think it is too early to write him off. Experience and good coaching are very valuable to a QB, and he had neither last year. Looking forward to see what happens.

I would actually be surprised if he doesn't win it at least opening day. SEC experience is valuable.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dan Mullen not sure on timeline for NCAA decision on transfers Van Jefferson, Trevon Grimes

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...rida-wr-transfers-van-jefferson-trevon-grimes

TAMPA, Fla. — Florida bolstered its wide receiving corps this offseason, both in signing a couple of high-profile recruits and in landing a couple of high-profile transfers.

But the Gators continue to await word from the NCAA as to whether those transfers, Van Jefferson from Ole Miss and Trevon Grimes from Ohio State, will be eligible in 2018.

“I have no idea. That’s not a decision we get to make,” Florida coach Dan Mullen said Tuesday when asked if he knew the timeline for those decisions.

Jefferson, is appealing the NCAA for immediate eligibility based on the circumstances surrounding former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze’s departure from the program there last summer.

He totaled 91 catches for 999 yards and 4 touchdowns over the last two seasons with the Rebels.

Grimes, who was ranked the No. 6 WR in the Class of 2017 according to the 247Sports composite, is appealing for a waiver based on his need to be closer to his family in Florida to deal with a personal situation.

“Obviously having any player helps. For us, the more players you have, the more options you have to do things,” Mullen said. “But we’ll be fine either way. For us, you’re looking at the guys you have. I don’t know who’s going to get injured during the season, all the other intangible things that you don’t have any control of. So I kind of really worry about what we can control.”

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Franks will be a star this year. Imo he'll be in the top 5 in the SEC in TDs and yards. We're going to see Just how bad Mac and Co were at coaching. Imo our biggest issues this year will be on defense. The offense will be worlds better but the defense needs serious talent from the 18&19 classes to fix it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Give us a clue: are you on your meds when you pump or when you dump?
I need the drink a few tonight.... but ...it is too late.

However that was neither pumping nor dumping, that was factual.

I'm not pumping when I say that Mullen did a good job for his first class. If he does a good job on his second recruiting class I will give him kudos then too. If not I will probably blast him.

If his offense is acceptable then I will say so. If the offense sucks then I will say so. I think few here doubt that.

I will give him some leeway in the first year, because I it's the reasonable thing to do (at least from my.perspective).

I live in the real world. I evaluate.

I am a bandwagon pumperish by nature but I fall off the bandwagon fairly quickly if the results deserve it.

That's what I've always been.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I haven't seen anything suggesting we're looking for a grad transfer QB. SDS and other sites have been reporting Alabama and UT are heavily involved in trying to land a grad transfer (the ECU kid to Alabama and the Stanford kid to UT)....but nothing discussing UF.

So Bama, with the SEC offensive player of the year AND the miraculous freshman savior of the NC game is looking to add QB depth? Why would they want a 57% passer off a 3-9 mid-major team?

The Stanford kid had a better year at a higher level and Ut needs help. That makes more sense.

I’m not interested in another Luke or Malik or Appleby sucking the coaches into a false sense of comfort. Find us a Russell Wilson type and I’m all in. But he’d have to be special.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So Bama, with the SEC offensive player of the year AND the miraculous freshman savior of the NC game is looking to add QB depth? Why would they want a 57% passer off a 3-9 mid-major team?

The Stanford kid had a better year at a higher level and Ut needs help. That makes more sense.

I’m not interested in another Luke or Malik or Appleby sucking the coaches into a false sense of comfort. Find us a Russell Wilson type and I’m all in. But he’d have to be special.

Alabama just added the ECU transfer. The kid was expected to be the starter at ECU this year. He - supposedly - wants to be a coach and figured being the 3rd string QB at Alabama was more valuable experience than being the starter at ECU. Unbelievable. I'm sure there was a handshake deal of "we'll bring you on for two years as a GA after this season" or something along those lines.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks will be a star this year. Imo he'll be in the top 5 in the SEC in TDs and yards. We're going to see Just how bad Mac and Co were at coaching. Imo our biggest issues this year will be on defense. The offense will be worlds better but the defense needs serious talent from the 18&19 classes to fix it.

I doubt he gets very good passing yards in this system but if he is able to run some he should get some TDs that way. The offense has a lot returning but they are going to have to step up and show they can perform on the field finally.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. He - supposedly - wants to be a coach and figured being the 3rd string QB at Alabama was more valuable experience than being the starter at ECU.
I can't believe we couldn't convince him to come here and learn the Veer offense.

Truthfully, though us grabbing EJ really screwed them up.

That kid isn't going to be third string. He knows one of the top two are going to be transferring after the spring game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think it's too early to write anyone off until they are coached by an actual coaching staff. Not just at QB...every position. That last staff shouldn't be coaching the pee wee leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.