Spring Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n194013 said:
I agree. I was getting a hard time from some people on here about wanting honest evaluations from the coaches. I understand why the coaches would shut it down though with dumb sh!ts asking all the wrong questions.....
Especially doing what they did today. They were asking treon if he's going to transfer and stupid $hit like that. Wtf...kinda crap is that??? It's only the 2nd spring practice and they are already grilling him about transferring??? C'mon man!!! Lol

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We must have some recruits at Spring practice

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@TrevonDiggs: Thinking about being a gator 🐊🐊🐊.. Something about the swamp! #GatorNation #Swamp #UF 🏈”

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n194052 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@TrevonDiggs: Thinking about being a gator 🐊🐊🐊.. Something about the swamp! #GatorNation #Swamp #UF 🏈”

Yeah it seems like we heard that from another MD. kid a few years back.....Wasn't his name Diggs too??

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n194059 said:
Yeah it seems like we heard that from another MD. kid a few years back.....Wasn't his name Diggs too??
For some reason those kids don't like to leave Maryland. I don't get why they like to stay home and get abused year in year out by the rest of the country.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For those of you clamoring for "honest' and "transparent" answers from a head college football coach, you better not hold your breath. It's never going to happen. Ever. From any coach. Ever.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n194064 said:
For some reason those kids don't like to leave Maryland. I don't get why they like to stay home and get abused year in year out by the rest of the country.

Right, it's not like Maryland has done sh!t since that fat guy-Freigden?- used to coach them about 12-15 years ago. Then again maybe Stephon Diggs was smarter than us by not coming here to play for Muschamp......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n194071 said:
For those of you clamoring for "honest' and "transparent" answers from a head college football coach, you better not hold your breath. It's never going to happen. Ever. From any coach. Ever.
And you really wouldn't want it. His job is to win football games and motivate kids.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;194059 said:

Yeah that was an Urban Meyer disaster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n194084 said:
Yeah that was an Urban Meyer disaster.
That was a will muschamp disaster

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Marianna said:
2 practices into spring and the local media is already asking Treon if he's thinking about transferring. Smh...Amazing!!!!

Stay classy!

And I'd rather not have VH3 on kick returns. We dont need that guy getting hurt. Powell could be our next Brandon James on punt returns. Sounds like Powell to slot receiver?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
2 practices into spring and the local media is already asking Treon if he's thinking about transferring. Smh...Amazing!!!!
I hear there's some mutual interest with him and Georgia tech

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gatorcountry.com/florida...ida-gators-football-spring-practice-notebook/

Will Grier and Treon Harris both looked sharp throwing in the skeleton drills. Harris and Grier both threw the ball with zip and accuracy.
Sophomore Brandon Powell made a beautiful over the shoulder catch on a pass in tight coverage from Will Grier. Powell was bounced around a lot last season but McElwain wants to give the sophomore some stability.
“In our offense, he’s a guy that’s obviously got to touch the ball, but he’s probably more comfortable at running back, but we’re putting him at full-time receiver. Now we’ll use him in jet sweeps, we’ll bring him back in the backfield and he can still run the ball as a running back, but that’s the versatility that you kind of look for at that position. I think he really looks comfortable out there. That’s something that’s good to see.”
Defensively, Duke Dawson is still working at safety with Keanu Neal and Marcus Maye. Marcell Harris hasn’t been getting as many reps as the other players during the open portions of the first two practices.
Redshirt senior Jake McGee looks fluid and fast returning from his broken leg. McGee is not working out when practice moves to the full-team portions but he is showcasing his athleticism and playmaking ability when he’s in there.
Brandon Powell, JC Jackson, Demarcus Robinson and Vernon Hargreaves have all been working out as returners on special teams.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n194087 said:
And I'd rather not have VH3 on kick returns.

I completely agree with this. Find a guy like Debose who is exciting with the ball in his hands, but not an essential piece of your Offense or Defense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n194091 said:
I hear there's some mutual interest with him and Georgia tech

T you've really been hating on Harris lately. I'll bet if Grier becomes the starter and goes down with an injury or maybe pulls a Driskel you'll change your tune.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n194176 said:
I completely agree with this. Find a guy like Debose who is exciting with the ball in his hands, but not an essential piece of your Offense or Defense.

I agree to a degree.......If a guy is good enough to change games with his returns sometimes you gotta take a chance though.....points are points and those with the most usually win. Besides sometimes the threat of a great returner changes the oppositions kicking scheme without ever touching the ball, squib kicks, pooch punts and kicking the ball out of bounds trying to keep it away from a dangerous returner are all ways they effect a game.
That being said I would rather see Powell, JC Jackson or Showers? handling the duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.