Spring Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorZoneScott: McElwain said it was good to have Treon Harris back at practice but that he was “rusty."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: "I don't think we got a lot accomplished today," McElwain said.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Morgan_Moriarty: RT @Graham311: Brandon Powell will be out for all live drills during Spring #Gators

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Morgan_Moriarty: McElwain on Grier without Harris last week: "I think he took some big steps last week."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorZoneScott: As for RB Adam Lane, McElwain says he remains out with leg issue and is falling behind. Hopes Lane returns soon.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said walk-on quarterback Jacob Guy is a a big, strong guy who is getting better, taking advantage of getting some reps.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Morgan_Moriarty: RT @RagjUF: "our mindset was not to get better today, it was to endure the practice" ..."you don't do that and play championship football"

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorZoneScott: “As you can see, I’m a little irritated by it. And rightfully so.’’ — McElwain on today’s lackluster practice. Shows some fire.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@RobbieAndreu: Randy Shannon said the few linebackers he has to work with are benefiting from all the reps they're getting in practice.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Shannon says Antonio Morrison, Jarrad Davis and the other linebackers are tested twice a week on the what they learned in the film room.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Morgan_Moriarty: Shannon says instead of schemes he gets into concepts when coaching LBs. Doesn't focus much on specific inside/outside guys.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: RT @RagjUF: Shannon says he spoke to Treon about his family issues. He's teaching him about moving on, less anger towards what happened.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
Bryan Cox is injured, that's why, I think, is not mentioned this Spring. As for the most noticeable news out of Spring, I think it's the lack of any news about the quarterbacks. Normally, even with closed practice, this far along you usually have some kind of news leaking out about how the quarterback(s) are looking, especially if they are looking good. It might be that UF is not going to be any better at the position, with the same mediocrity that has the norm since Tebow left. There's still the Summer, so anything can happen, but Grier may turn out to be as overrated as Brantley and Driskel. "Houston, we have a problem..."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n200632 said:
@RobbieAndreu: McElwain said walk-on quarterback Jacob Guy is a a big, strong guy who is getting better, taking advantage of getting some reps.
I'll be interested to see this kid play in the spring. I was hoping we'd move deiondre porter back to qb to give us some depth there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like this guy was a 3 star prospect with some d1 offers. Might not be your typical walk on

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n200685 said:
Bryan Cox is injured, that's why, I think, is not mentioned this Spring. As for the most noticeable news out of Spring, I think it's the lack of any news about the quarterbacks. Normally, even with closed practice, this far along you usually have some kind of news leaking out about how the quarterback(s) are looking, especially if they are looking good. It might be that UF is not going to be any better at the position, with the same mediocrity that has the norm since Tebow left. There's still the Summer, so anything can happen, but Grier may turn out to be as overrated as Brantley and Driskel. "Houston, we have a problem..."
What kind of horse**** are you spewing?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shultz, why do you know so much about uf football and who's side are you on?

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I know nothing, I just observe. I do know that, even when practice is closed, some information trickles out, especially about the most important position on the team, quarterback. The silence is deafening. Mey hypothesis is that is because there's nothing good to say about UF's quarterbacks. The overwhelming hope, even if not explicitly voiced, was that Will Grier was going to seize the job, even if the coaches wouldn't say it, and UF would have a better quarterback this season after five years of poor play at the position. You can believe what you want, I think it's necessary to read between the lines sometimes. For instance, that means interpreting McElwain saying that Trip Thurman needs to "rest" his shoulder for eight months and then "maybe" we'll find a role for him. He didn't say anything about Thurman's career being over, but it's a valid hypothesis that he'll never play again since now is a critical time for him to be out there mentoring all the pups on the line and it's not anything new for a bad shoulder to end a lineman's career. In fact, UF has lost at least of couple of them for that same reason the past couple of years. After all, you didn't get your degree without having to do some critical thinking, and not just believing everything someone says, especially coaches, did you?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n200718 said:
I know nothing, I just observe. I do know that, even when practice is closed, some information trickles out, especially about the most important position on the team, quarterback. The silence is deafening. Mey hypothesis is that is because there's nothing good to say about UF's quarterbacks. The overwhelming hope, even if not explicitly voiced, was that Will Grier was going to seize the job, even if the coaches wouldn't say it, and UF would have a better quarterback this season after five years of poor play at the position. You can believe what you want, I think it's necessary to read between the lines sometimes. For instance, that means interpreting McElwain saying that Trip Thurman needs to "rest" his shoulder for eight months and then "maybe" we'll find a role for him. He didn't say anything about Thurman's career being over, but it's a valid hypothesis that he'll never play again since now is a critical time for him to be out there mentoring all the pups on the line and it's not anything new for a bad shoulder to end a lineman's career. In fact, UF has lost at least of couple of them for that same reason the past couple of years. After all, you didn't get your degree without having to do some critical thinking, and not just believing everything someone says, especially coaches, did you?

I think Harris was just kicking butt early in practice until he missed those days due to a family death so there wasn't nothing to say since he already started last season as a true freshman.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Will Grier will win the job. Do you really expect the coaches to show their hand after 2 weeks of spring practice? They're going to string treon along so we have a back up next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.