Spurrier donates $100K to UF athletics

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is great....we still $49,900,000 for the initiative!!!

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/former-gators-coach-steve-spurrier-donates-100k-florida-athletics

Former Gators coach Steve Spurrier donates $100K to Florida athletics

he “Head Ball Coach” is making sure the Florida Gators continue their excellence throughout all sports. Legendary coach Steve Spurrier, now an ambassador/consultant for his alma mater, donated $100,000 towards Florida athletics for the university’s Game Changer initiative.

Florida AD Scott Stricklin confirmed the donation on Twitter.
Follow
Scott Stricklin

✔@ScottStricklin

How good is this. Our very own Ambassador, @SteveSpurrierUF, just committed $100k to the #GameChanger initiative! Thanks, HBC! #GoGators

:19 PM - 29 Mar 2017
This is a great demonstration of Spurrier’s longstanding commitment to Florida. Spurrier has plenty of love for his alma mater and this gift is just another sign of it.

The project needs $50 million in private support in order to build a standalone football complex, in addition to stadium upgrades for the baseball and softball programs, according to GridironNow.

Spurrier encouraged others to assist in the initiative.

Follow
Coach Steve Spurrier

✔@SteveSpurrierUF

Blessed to be able to give back. Those who are also in position to help out, that would be super. #GatorGameChangerhttp://gatorboosters.org/support.html https://twitter.com/scottstricklin/status/847151249527128072 …

4:35 PM - 29 Mar 2017 · Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
Among Spurrier’s major personal and team accomplishments at Florida were winning the Heisman Trophy in 1966 and guiding the Gators to a national championship in 1996. Spurrier also received five SEC Coach of the Year awards at Florida.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe that'll open up some wallets so we can install our new high tech video gaming lounge & smoothie bar for the student athletes.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It pisses me off that the money is also going to baseball and softball. If I could afford $100k I damn sure wouldn't be donating unless the money was going exactly where I wanted to go.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I heard SOS was only a 3 star in HS FB but 5 star in baseball..............

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That should get him into one of the top "Sunshine Seats" sections.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It pisses me off that the money is also going to baseball and softball. If I could afford $100k I damn sure wouldn't be donating unless the money was going exactly where I wanted to go.

Which is exactly where he wants it to go. He is a Gator so all Gators are important not just football Gators. Now you have a different view and that is fine.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Which is exactly where he wants it to go. He is a Gator so all Gators are important not just football Gators. Now you have a different view and that is fine.
Sure, he's free to donate knowing where it's going. Likewise I'm free not to. I'd be willing to bet that there are more than a few big time boosters that would step up to the plate if it was going 100% football. We've done that in the past. I believe stadium expansion was a specific donation.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sure, he's free to donate knowing where it's going. Likewise I'm free not to. I'd be willing to bet that there are more than a few big time boosters that would step up to the plate if it was going 100% football. We've done that in the past. I believe stadium expansion was a specific donation.

Not a problem freedom means just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.