Spurrier hired as a consultant to coach Mac

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We should update Mac's title to consultant to the consultant and drop his former title.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All kidding aside, SOS now gets paid to play golf? The more things change, the more they remain the same.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I thought SC was paying him as a consultant, or adviser or something like that? So he's advising two SEC East opponents? Sounds kinda weird to me, and certainly sounds like a conflict of interest too.

Based on his comments, I'd say he's moved on from that gig. After all, it's a big step up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So Spurrier is definitely going to be there for the Season Opener? I might have make some arrangements.
Incidentally I read that Spurrier doesn't play golf much anymore because of his back.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is foresee much time spent "consulting" QB's and WR's ! This will only help recruiting, especially on the offensive side of the equation.

Heeeeeeeee's baaaaaack!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I thought SC was paying him as a consultant, or adviser or something like that? So he's advising two SEC East opponents? Sounds kinda weird to me, and certainly sounds like a conflict of interest too.

I think it's a safe assumption that his USC contract either concluded or they mutually agreed to part ways. I don't think there is any chance that he will be a paid ambassador for both schools at the same time.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

isn't this the same as UF pay'n their head football coach? 2 schools, same division - one person raking them both over the coals

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, Nav....read the press release in post #1.....:facepalm:
I did. I don't see any discussion about him quitting his USC consultant job to accept this new job. The way things are these days, you can't assume anything...

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I'm sure the ol' HBC will love the new facilities.
giphy.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I did. I don't see any discussion about him quitting his USC consultant job to accept this new job. The way things are these days, you can't assume anything...

I will now pull for South Carolina to win every game but one, just as I did when I pulled for Florida to win every game but one as the Gamecock coach.

(How much clearer do you need it to be?)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will now pull for South Carolina to win every game but one, just as I did when I pulled for Florida to win every game but one as the Gamecock coach.

(How much clearer do you need it to be?)
I need it to be spelled out. I'm not as smart as some of you other guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator