Spurrier hired as a consultant to coach Mac

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I need it to be spelled out. I'm not as smart as some of you other guys.

Spurrier had held a similar role at South Carolina, where he retired in October as head football coach.

"We are grateful for the impact that coach Spurrier had on our football program and on our university," South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner said in a statement. "He has been a good friend to me and was a tremendous supporter of all of our programs during his tenure, which was the most successful era in school history. It was a pleasure to work with him and I enjoyed the many conversations we had over the years. We wish Coach and Jerri all the best as they return to their alma mater and the campus where they met over 50 years ago."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ma-mater-florida-ambassador-consultant-gators

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Our bagman must be better than USCe's

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Let's see..... USCe gets Muscramp and we get the OBC. What a deal! I imagine Coach Mac will give him a few names to call. The conversation will go like this: I like the way you throw the ball and want you to come play in my stadium. I'll be on the sidelines pumping you up every game.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mac is turning this ship around and it wont take us long to be back on top. This is a huge plus for the program.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
As a grown man, wartime veteran, etc., etc., I hate to say this in public, but I got downright giddy when I saw this news. WOW! Is this great, or what! Best news we have had in a really long time. Welcome back Coach Spurrier!! Lovin' it.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember driving into Columbia on the day SC announced Steve's hiring. The headlines on the front page of The State newspaper read in huge letters.....WE GOT SPURRIER!

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Soooooooooooooo bloody happy... not been this happy since SOS was named HBC... my Gator boner is so hard, I could fight insurgents with it!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great news! I hope he can be a public persona with this job. ...and that he doesn't actually create issues for Coach Mac, inadvertently or not.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It's about damn time. Stop helping the enemy and come home.
Amen, bro! Just to see him NOT wearing those ugly USCe colors and once again wearing the glorious Orange & Blue makes my day And as someone else brought up about the timing with Foley's retirement, I think it may have been a big factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.