Spurrier hired as a consultant to coach Mac

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
… and in recruiting, this strengthens our South Florida connection…. Jerri graduated from
Ft. Lauderdale H.S..

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Probably a little over the top thinking on my part but didn't we win NC's in 96, 06, and wait.....isn't it 16 :lol:. OK, maybe wishful thinking on my part but this news certainly seems to confirm a feeling of "things are about to get back to the way they used to be" for me.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said before, having Spurrier just sitting in the QB room watching film is going to be huge, and bet your sweet ass that is going to happen.

Over at cockytalk, about half of them are fricking clueless.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting perspective from Cockytalk

Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

CockyCash: 100200
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Spurrier Accepts position as UF Athletics Ambassador
I think it's SAD when people insult a man who turned this program into a Top 5/10 team in the
nation for several years running, who finished as the Gamecock head coach with the most wins
in the program's history, not only topped our best season in the history of the program, but
repeated THAT record for three consecutive seasons. Has been the only coach that got us an
Eastern Conf. Title in the 33 years we had been in the SEC, and is the only Gamecock coach to
EVER win back to back bowl games, and topped that by winning 4 consecutive bowl games.

I think it's SAD when the older fans who find fault in what he did the last two years he was here,
were the same fans crying, bitching and complaining when we couldn't win more than 5 games
a year for the majority of their lifetime following this program, and it's SAD when the younger
fans quickly forget that he not only built this team into a Top 5 program, and an SEC Eastern
Conf. Winner, but graduated SEVERAL NFL players (more than the past 3 head coaches here
Combined), and was instrumental in the facility upgrades that we look at around campus now,
including the video board, the indoor practice facility and the Carolina Park. He was the first
coach to beat Florida since we joined the SEC, and the fist caoch to beat UF, UT, UGA and
Clemson in the same season and did it 4 times in his career here. He was the first coach
in the majority of these "FANS" lifetime to beat Clemson in back to back years, and the
first coach in any of our lives to win that game 5 years in a row.

It's SAD when a coach leaves, and returns to his Alma Mater to take a "diplomatic" position
with the school where he studied, graduated, played football and won a Heisman trophy and "fans"
think that he should remain loyal to a school, and kiss the asses of fans who have done nothing
the past 9 months but criticize his last two years here, while forgetting the major accomplishments
he achieved here the first 9 years since he took over. I am glad that he came here, and am
much thankful for what he did for this program and school. I wish him nothing but happiness
and success the rest of his life, and I am once again, appalled at those who find fault in what
Coach Spurrier did wrong here, because there is wrong that is done by every single coach in
the country at every level and every sport. I'm disgusted that "fans" use the few faults he had to beat him
to death in the face of the major accomplishments he's done for the football program.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder whether Foley's retirement allowed this to happen.

Good question. It's well documented that they despise each other, with the last straw being the Dockett incident.

Amen, bro! Just to see him NOT wearing those ugly USCe colors and once again wearing the glorious Orange & Blue makes my day And as someone else brought up about the timing with Foley's retirement, I think it may have been a big factor.

SOS, Jerri, and Foley are very good friends and even vacation in the Bahamas together......preposterous..

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I wonder if vol fans recently got an unsettling feeling... Like something bad is gonna happen this year (again).

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think all those 3-star recruits just became 4 stars. EVERYONE gets better with SOS is around. This is a great day for Florida Gators football.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome home HBC. I doubt this is anything more than to help with fundraising. I like it and like it a lot.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
They live with that feeling 24/7 365

Yeah, but the media has been stroking their egos even more than normal this year, and I think they're believing the hype.

Btw - I wonder how much it would mess with the vols heads to see the HBC roaming the sidelines in knoxvile.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but the media has been stroking their egos even more than normal this year, and I think they're believing the hype.

Btw - I wonder how much it would mess with the vols heads to see the HBC roaming the sidelines in knoxvile.

The chances of you seeing Spurrier on the sidelines during games is slim to none. He won't upstage Mac. He talks smack to our enemies but he'll be nothing but classy to Mac and Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator