Spurrier hired as a consultant to coach Mac

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The chances of you seeing Spurrier on the sidelines during games is slim to none. He won't upstage Mac. He talks smack to our enemies but he'll be nothing but classy to Mac and Co.

Agreed but he will be on Macs speed dial....

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
i noticed in the video where he said if Mac and Nuss want to shoot him some questions and get his opinions he can do that.

Oh yeah. he can do that.

sounds like he's gonna re-light the fires under the butts of the boosters and former players who drifted away during the chump's regime.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, but the media has been stroking their egos even more than normal this year, and I think they're believing the hype.

Btw - I wonder how much it would mess with the vols heads to see the HBC roaming the sidelines in knoxvile.

I like their egos to be huge when we let the wind out of their sails. More fun that way.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"I look forward to visiting with him on a lot of occasions and picking his brain on a number of issues," McElwain said. "It's a credit to Jeremy to get him back home where he belongs. More than anything I look forward to actually talking to him and being around him rather than just saying hello to his statue on my way to work every day."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"I look forward to visiting with him on a lot of occasions and picking his brain on a number of issues," McElwain said. "It's a credit to Jeremy to get him back home where he belongs. More than anything I look forward to actually talking to him and being around him rather than just saying hello to his statue on my way to work every day."
You aren't going to change those few simpletons minds. They have their agenda and they read it in the interwebs, so it must be true.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You aren't going to change those few simpletons minds. They have their agenda and they read it in the interwebs, so it must be true.

Romney is just trying to troll up the dummies and it usually works well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Oh. I didn't realize that Jeremy retiring was part of the deal to bring Spurrier back. :dance:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite part of this is the fact that Mac really pushed for this to happen.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The chances of you seeing Spurrier on the sidelines during games is slim to none. He won't upstage Mac. He talks smack to our enemies but he'll be nothing but classy to Mac and Co.

It was a hypothetical, Einstein.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Re: Spurrier Accepts position as UF Athletics Ambassador
I think it's SAD when people insult a man who turned this program into a Top 5/10 team in the
nation for several years running, who finished as the Gamecock head coach with the most wins
in the program's history, not only topped our best season in the history of the program, but
repeated THAT record for three consecutive seasons. Has been the only coach that got us an
Eastern Conf. Title in the 33 years we had been in the SEC, and is the only Gamecock coach to
EVER win back to back bowl games, and topped that by winning 4 consecutive bowl games.

I think it's SAD when the older fans who find fault in what he did the last two years he was here,
were the same fans crying, *****ing and complaining when we couldn't win more than 5 games
a year for the majority of their lifetime following this program, and it's SAD when the younger
fans quickly forget that he not only built this team into a Top 5 program, and an SEC Eastern
Conf. Winner, but graduated SEVERAL NFL players (more than the past 3 head coaches here
Combined), and was instrumental in the facility upgrades that we look at around campus now,
including the video board, the indoor practice facility and the Carolina Park. He was the first
coach to beat Florida since we joined the SEC, and the fist caoch to beat UF, UT, UGA and
Clemson in the same season and did it 4 times in his career here. He was the first coach
in the majority of these "FANS" lifetime to beat Clemson in back to back years, and the
first coach in any of our lives to win that game 5 years in a row.

It's SAD when a coach leaves, and returns to his Alma Mater to take a "diplomatic" position
with the school where he studied, graduated, played football and won a Heisman trophy and "fans"
think that he should remain loyal to a school, and kiss the asses of fans who have done nothing
the past 9 months but criticize his last two years here, while forgetting the major accomplishments
he achieved here the first 9 years since he took over. I am glad that he came here, and am
much thankful for what he did for this program and school. I wish him nothing but happiness
and success the rest of his life, and I am once again, appalled at those who find fault in what
Coach Spurrier did wrong here, because there is wrong that is done by every single coach in
the country at every level and every sport. I'm disgusted that "fans" use the few faults he had to beat him
to death in the face of the major accomplishments he's done for the football program.
How soon they forget.

USC has always been "the other Kintucky". Now that they've somehow hired the worst HC in the SEC, we'll see if they manage to find themselves looking up at Kintucky. I suspect they will.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think all those 3-star recruits just became 4 stars. EVERYONE gets better with SOS is around. This is a great day for Florida Gators football.
This could be one of the best years ever, not because we will win an NC. Obviously, we are far from competing for championships.

However, firing Fooley, hiring SOS, and moving the athletic department back in the direction of competing in the SEC in terms of dedicating enough money to compete for top coaches and to buy at least competitive facilities could well be the turning point in our decade of decline.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How soon they forget.

USC has always been "the other Kintucky". Now that they've somehow hired the worst HC in the SEC, we'll see if they manage to find themselves looking up at Kintucky. I suspect they will.
They already are looking up to Kentucky. Kentucky's beaten em 2 years in a row now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SOS, Jerri, and Foley are very good friends and even vacation in the Bahamas together......preposterous..
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I can imagine how that conversation would go.

Fooley: Hey, Steve, I'm wanting to bury the hatchet. Want to vacation together some time?

SOS: Send a resume.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I can imagine how that conversation would go.

Fooley: Hey, Steve, I'm wanting to bury the hatchet. Want to vacation together some time?

SOS: Send a resume.

You just can't be that dull on this matter. Foley reports to whichever bonehead president happens to be in charge at the moment which was Machen with Urban and some interim lib from California name Chas. Young about the Darnell dockett issue.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Welcome home HBC. I doubt this is anything more than to help with fundraising. I like it and like it a lot.
I agree and he even mentions it in the video Cferg posted. Maybe Mac wants him around to help out with some of the facility upgrades were still needing....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree and he even mentions it in the video Cferg posted. Maybe Mac wants him around to help out with some of the facility upgrades were still needing....
I'm trying to wrap my head around SOS helping out with the UAA and alumni meetings. He really didn't like those things before. He wasn't particularly coy about not liking them either.

Whatever works.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm trying to wrap my head around SOS helping out with the UAA and alumni meetings. He really didn't like those things before. He wasn't particularly coy about not liking them either.

Whatever works.
I was thinking his presence alone might be what it takes to get some boosters to reach a little deeper into their wallets....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator