Spurrier hosting a beach party for his former UF players

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is cool. One of us should show up and say, "I was a walk-on on the 1990 team. Don't you remember?"

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/steve-spurrier-daytona-beach-gators

Steve Spurrier is throwing a beach party, and everyone’s invited!

Well, kinda. The Head Ball Coach is hosting a reunion for all of his former Gators somewhere in Daytona Beach for two days in August. That much we know for sure.

On Wednesday, Spurrier posted a personal invitation to Florida Gators football stating: “I would like to personally invite Gator players and coaches from the 1990 to 2001 teams to a reunion August 11-12 in Daytona Beach. … Bring your family. See you there. Coach Spurrier and Jerri”

SpurrierPartyCapture_cpaayn.jpg

Is there any doubt that this would be a blast? Imagine the stars from some of those tremendous Gators teams all assembled in one place to share good times and memories. And what a gesture from the Head Ball Coach to make it all happen.

Spurrier’s 12-season run at Florida produced many memories for the Gators faithful. A 122-27-1 record, six SEC championships and one national title were the fruits of the labor of this group from 1990-2001.

As Heisman Trophy winners, Danny Wuerffel and Spurrier himself have earned the right to serve as quarterbacks and captains for the flag football game that’s surely on the docket for the two-day excursion. Right?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
... and this is the kind of stuff that separates good coaches from Great Coaches... glad I saw the memories they'll be talking and laughing about, while clinking glassware :clap:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We should coincidentally throw a GC party right beside them on the same day :scratchchin:

:lol:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I wonder where might be big enough for two days of all those folks.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I was one of Steve and Jerri's neighbors years ago in Gainesville. Our kids use to play together.
Both were good neighbors. I remember they used to pitch a large tent on the front lawn during recruiting
season so they could feed the recruits breakfast on Sunday morning. We told them that the tent added
a certain character to the neighborhood. Even though the tent stretch over onto the adjoining property,
nobody minded. They were, after all, our neighbors.
One day Steve took his son and my son to a practice. They were both very young at the time.
My boy told me that he got to toss the ball around with the players. He still remembers the event.

00A0A_GqXC9IeaU5_600x450.jpg

Breakfast is being served!

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was one of Steve and Jerri's neighbors years ago in Gainesville. Our kids use to play together.
Both were good neighbors. I remember they used to pitch a large tent on the front lawn during recruiting
season so they could feed the recruits breakfast on Sunday morning. We told them that the tent added
a certain character to the neighborhood. Even though the tent stretch over onto the adjoining property,
nobody minded. They were, after all, our neighbors.
One day Steve took his son and my son to a practice. They were both very young at the time.
My boy told me that he got to toss the ball around with the players. He still remembers the event.

00A0A_GqXC9IeaU5_600x450.jpg

Breakfast is being served!

Cool story!

I worked as a lifeguard at Lake Wauberg when I was at UF and he used to come to the lake w/ Scotty and let him and his friends play. He'd stand by the lifeguard chair and BS w/ us. That was always cool....and weird.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Steve Spurrier is totally unique, as a player, as a coach and as a person. Thank you Ray Graves for making him a Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.