Spurrier: This team can certainly compete with Georgia for the Eastern division

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody hates the pups worse than me, but I'll tell you at the game last year I have seen few teams more organised. Every person knew his job, exactly where he should be on the sidelines, were intense and focused. The players were well drilled, strong and fast. We have everything at our disposal to overcome them but it will be a daunting task.
My son's high school team would have a shot against a Butters team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Weren't you part of the crowd saying he wasn't going to do anything after that first year and then he wins the SEC and a playoff game. I hate Georgia obviously but can see the writing on the wall if his recruiting doesn't cool off.
I think many were saying the same thing about Jimbo Bowdenbastard at Clowntown.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Few things can raise my blood pressure and bring me out of a self imposed posting moratorium faster than a bunch of Gator fans kneeling down and paying homage to the great and mighty Georgia Bulldogs and their alleged dynasty creating Coach.

Are you talking about that guy who has a 1-1 record against Jim McElwain? The guy who inherited a very good roster from a long entrenched coach (who was a good recruiter and a poor game planner)? The team that had not one but two stud Senior running backs last year (which happens about never in college football)? The guy who has already shown (in my opinion) the tendency to play conservatively when the game gets tight? The team that occupies a state where every high school player from Alma to Milledgeville is suddenly deemed to be a five star recruit?

To those of you predicting a decade of dominance and SEC championship game appearances for the Bulldogs I offer a quote from Granny Hawkins, a friend of Josey Wales....... "that big talk is worth doodleysquat".

Last edited:

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
The recruiting classes show Kirby can recruit, and the product on the field shows he can coach. You are deluding yourself if you think he is mediocre.

If Mullen is as bad as GCMB thinks, then Georgia is going to eat our lunch for the next decade. I’m holding out hope GCMB is wrong about Mullen.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Few things can raise my blood pressure and bring me out of a self imposed posting moratorium faster than a bunch of Gator fans kneeling down and paying homage to the great and mighty Georgia Bulldogs and their alleged dynasty creating Coach.

Are you talking about that guy who has a 1-1 record against Jim McElwain? The guy who inherited a very good roster from a long entrenched coach (who was a good recruiter and a poor game planner)? The team that had not one but two stud Senior running backs last year (which happens about never in college football)? The guy who has already shown (in my opinion) the tendency to play conservatively when the game gets tight? The team that occupies a state where every high school player from Alma to Milledgeville is suddenly deemed to be a five star recruit?

To those of you predicting a decade of dominance and SEC championship game appearances for the Bulldogs I offer a quote from Granny Hawkins, a friend of Josey Wales....... "that big talk is worth doodleysquat".

Can't give this post enough likes.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I wouldn't say that. Georgia is going to probably reel off a few SEC Championship game appearances in a row and unlike our Mac teams they will give the west winner fits. I think people hoping that first year meant he wasn't a decent coach are going to be shown they were way off base unfortunately.
Points well taken, but in rebuttal I would like to say fuk Georgia.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb