Spurrier to coach Orlando in Alliance of American Football league & wants Tebow

Which would you rather see happen in 2018?

• Beat UGA, lose to UT and FSU

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Beat UT and FSU, lose to UGA

Votes: 66 82.5%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
again....WHO THE FCK SAID SPURRIER SHOULD BE CALLING PLAYS.......JUST YOU that I can tell. :facepalm:
Again, define the wasted opportunity. You won't because you'll be admitting you think Mac should have been regularly consulting SOS on the playbook.

Mac wasn't about to do that and SOS knew it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again, define the wasted opportunity. You won't because you'll be admitting you think Mac should have been regularly consulting SOS on the pkaybook.

I see you have backed off now from the "Spurrier should have been calling plays" nonsense.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again, define the wasted opportunity. You won't because you'll be admitting you think Mac should have been regularly consulting SOS on the playbook.

And of course Mac wasn't going to....he's dumber than you are.
That doesn't mean it's not a wasted opportunity. Make sense sweet pea?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see you have backed off now from the "Spurrier should have been calling plays" nonsense.
I haven't backed off anything. You've yet to offer a single word in defense of your alleged logic but instead have lowered yourself (if that's possible) to insults.

Go ahead. Lay it out how Mac wasted an opportunity.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This thread

images

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't backed off anything. You've yet to offer a single word in defense of your alleged logic but instead have lowered yourself (if that's possible) to insults.

Go ahead. Lay it out how Mac wasted an opportunity.
Spurrier didn't have to call plays for it to be a wasted opportunity. This isn't rocket science here bud, but apparently you want to have that argument for some dumbass reason.
Yes...it would have been beneficial for Mac to consult Spurrier on the playbook, consult him on specific players, how to improve those players in areas of need, amongst many other things.
Spurrier could have been used as an in house consultant, pick his brain a little bit, Mac could have helped himself become a better coach in doing so...but like you, Mac is an idiot. It didn't happen.....opportunity wasted. Is this really that hard to understand?

But please continue with this made up nonsense that Spurrier could have only been calling plays while we paid someone else a million a year for it to have been a wasted opportunity.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier didn't have to call plays for it to be a wasted opportunity. This isn't rocket science here bud, but apparently you want to have that argument for some dumbass reason.
Yes...it would have been beneficial for Mac to consult Spurrier on the playbook, consult him on specific players, how to improve those players in areas of need, amongst many other things.
Spurrier could have been used as an in house consultant, pick his brain a little bit, Mac could have helped himself become a better coach in doing so...but like you, Mac is an idiot. It didn't happen.....opportunity wasted. Is this really that hard to understand?

But please continue with this made up nonsense that Spurrier could have only been calling plays while we paid someone else a million a year for it to have been a wasted opportunity.
Spurrier WAS consulted from time to time. So where did that take us? Nowhere. Not on account of any deficiency in Spurrier but because football hasn't yet advanced to the level of robotics management. We were under an avalanche of dysfunction. Nothing Spurrier could do short of taking over the program was going to save that mess.

I'm amused that you would think throwing a dying cancer patient a box of probiotics was going to save them.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier WAS consulted from time to time
He was? This is based on what? Certainly not by what was displayed on the field, not by player progression, not by any measurable football knowledge. In fact, if Mac did consult Spurrier, he did exactly the opposite of anything Spurrier may have told him.

I'm amused that you would think throwing a dying cancer patient a box of probiotics is going to save them.
I said it was a wasted opportunity....It was a negative comment towards Mac......why is this so hard for you to understand?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still love you, URG, even when you are short on the subject.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It will be interesting to see how this all works out, the economics of it will be an issue. If SOS is having fun that would be great and his being HBC will get us additional free advertising which should be a plus to we Gators.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Considering that ESPN and other sports networks are clamoring for events to air with their 24x7 schedules, this league may actually be around for a while. Was clicking channels a few days ago and saw INTERNATIONAL CURLING CHAMPIONSHIPS being aired live. Many sporting events are already little more than "made for television" events and I would much rather watch spring football than a curling match between Norway and Canada.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You need a few marquee names to make a startup like this get off the ground. I'm interested in knowing the money they threw at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.