Stay Classy Philly Fan

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-fans-didnt-best-experience-eagles-game-180137998.html

"
Here’s what the Vikings fans described seeing:

• Vikings hats being stolen, put into urinals and urinated on;
  • An Eagles fan pushing a Vikings fan to the ground and punching him in the face;
  • “Random acts of violence.”
TV station KARE 11 out of Minneapolis also interviewed a few fans who vaguely spoke of Eagles fans being “bad.” This quote, though, is a little perplexing.

“It’s a damper on everything, yes. Not interested in going to the Super Bowl anymore.”

he Eagles clobbering his Vikings into oblivion could also be a reason." data-reactid="27">The Vikings fan is saying that Eagles fans are what’s going to keep him from going to the Super Bowl in Minneapolis in a few weeks. But I think there’s a chance that the Eagles clobbering his Vikings into oblivion could also be a reason.

As far as the behavior those fans experienced, there’s no sense in defending it because it can’t be defended. But there’s also no sense in pretending that kind of behavior is specific to Philadelphia, or to Eagles fans. NFL games aren’t exactly known as paragons of virtuous behavior. Everyone loves to crap on Eagles fans, but fans punching each other happens at NFL games all the time."

What a Garbage Fan base... There is no way I would subject myself to this...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A few years ago the jags played a game in philly. Local radio here told jag fans that were travelling to the game to not wear jag gear. It simply wasn't safe. They weren't being sensational either. Jag fans that came back from going to the game described the exact same experience as vikings fans.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It is a known fact that Eagle fans also follow the Noles.............and the noles favorite nfl team is Philly.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Look, I'm not going to defend anyone behaving this way, nor am I denying that Eagles fans are notoriously passionate and can be crude at times. But watching the video, I'm not buying half of that.

The first couple. So you get interviewed with a chance to tell the world about mistreatment of your friends, and the first thing that comes to mind is having a hat knocked off and put into a urinal? Then, as a second point of note, your wife has to remind you that another friend was pushed to the ground--on concrete steps no less--and physically assaulted by being punched in the face. So that little detail--recounted with smiles on their faces--was secondary to the hat thing? Some friends.

The second guy was clearly a sore loser.

I have no comment on the third guy. He shouldn't have been allowed in in the first place. Terrible.

No idea what the lady(number 4) is talking about or trying to say. If she was mistreated, she may try speaking complete sentences next time rather than acting like a spoiled brat.

And as the author stated, the last guy is likely not interested in attending the SB, more so because his team was beaten and won't be there, than because of any opposing fan interaction. How many Vikings did we expect to be there if they didn't make it?

So a bunch of vague, baseless claims of "mean people" and one story that clearly didn't happen. All in all, the entire thing was a weak effort of playing into reputations(that are admittedly somewhat valid) by a bunch of people who are didn't care for the outcome of the game and are practically Canadian anyway.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Went to school with many Eagles fans, came away hating them a lot more. Not saying all Eagles fans are walking, talking douche nozzles, but the ratio is pretty high.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Went to school with many Eagles fans, came away hating them a lot more. Not saying all Eagles fans are walking, talking douche nozzles, but the ratio is pretty high.

My accountant and his son are big time Eagles fans and two of the nicest guys in the world.

Maybe when those Philly fans are all together they turn into Eag-holes.

Remember the old saying:

“None of us are as dumb as all of us”

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Has anyone here ever known anyone from Philly who wasn't a total sheet stain? Seriously, I'd really like to know. I've personally never met one who I could stand to be around for more than the absolute minimum period required by the task at hand.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone here ever known anyone from Philly who wasn't a total sheet stain? Seriously, I'd really like to know. I've personally never met one who I could stand to be around for more than the absolute minimum period required by the task at hand.
I spent my childhood in Philadelphia and I'm still a fan of the sports teams. I'd attribute the bad behavior in large part to a union-entitlement mentality. The unions were strong and militant when I lived there. My mother crossed the teachers' picket line one year and they spat on her and yelled awful obscenities. And the teachers are some of the highest paid in the country. I lived a fairly privileged existence when I was there. Attended Germantown Academy, lived in Blue Bell and had friends who were mostly children of Sperry Univac engineers or executives in Center City. Most of the people I knew were nice and wouldn't dream of making an ass out of themselves over a football game. It's an odd place. Way underrated in it's stunning beauty, history and arts & culture. Yet the slums, police corruption, racial violence, schitty attitude of the blue collar class were undeniable when I was there. A lot of that has carried over through the years even after gentrification.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The two people I know from Philly are very cool.
I try pretty hard to avoid knowing any ‘sheet stains’.
:bart:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a huge Eagles fan. Hotel California gets me every time. But here are the words to a more apropos selection:

I turn on the tube and what do I see?
A whole lot of people crying, "Don't blame me"
They point their crooked little fingers at everybody else
Spend all their time feeling sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your mamma's too thin, your daddy's too fat

Get over it
Get over it
All this whining and crying and pitching a fit
Get over it, get over it

You say you haven't been the same since you had your little crash
But you might feel better if I gave you some cash
The more I think about it, Old Billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers, kill them tonight

You don't want to work, you want to live like a king
But the big, bad world doesn't owe you a thing

Get over it
Get over it
If you don’t wanna, you might as well quit
Get over it, get over it

It's like going to confession every time I hear you speak
You're making the most of your losing streak
Some call it sick, but I call it weak
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, you drag it around like a ball and chain
You wallow in the guilt, you wallow in the pain
You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
Got your mind in the gutter, bringing everybody down
You bitch about the present and blame it on the past
I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass

Get over it
Get over it
All this bitching and moaning and pitching a fit
Get over it, get over it

Get over it
Get over it
It's gotta stop sometime, so why don't you quit?
Get over it, get over it

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Eagle fans are they worst and it isn't close.

Maybe, but I swore off live nfl games years ago because of the idiotic fans. I had two friends that each had corporate tickets in the east stands at Raymond James, inside the 40’s and 25-35 rows up. Great seats. Regularly saw fights or near fights in the concourses and stands, always some super drunk idiot yelling at the Bucs even if they were winning, slighting drinks all over people, etc.

I nearly punched an obnoxious scUM fan after the ‘84 game in Tampa. Once. I was 21 (and would have gotten my tail kicked.)

But then I grew up.

And I’ve never understood why anyone would pay big $$$ to go to a sporting event or concert and get so wasted they won’t remember it. Dumb.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Thank you for the thoughtful and informative answers. I suppose that the limited experience I've had may reflect the "perception" as opposed to the actual reality. The one possible exception to the rule was a guy I worked with years ago who was a Purdue graduate. He was still about as arrogant and crass as anyone I have ever known. The guy was just a pill and was universally disliked by everyone in the agency. Admittedly, that may have been a function of that individual's basic character, as opposed to the area in which he was spawned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.