Steven Orr Spurrier, Savior Of The UF Football Program Yet Again

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Flashback, New Year's Eve 1989, one Steven Orr Spurrier returns to his alma mater, whose football program was under the NCAA microscope for the second time in five years, whose program had never won an outright SEC title in its' history, as head coach. The next decade speaks for itself.

Fast-forward to November 15, 2014. His beloved alma mater, and the football program that he himself helped take to the highest levels, suffering in futility and in a death spiral with the possibility of the mangy UGA Dawg as its' head coach backing into an SEC title game and saving his job for the foreseeable future. Spurrier brings in his own struggling Gamecock squad, a squad that was giving up 34 points per game on defense, a game under .500, and holds the mighty Gators in the stadium bearing the moniker he came up with, to a mere 20 points in overtime, and, indirectly, ridding the UF program which he still cares about of the miserable stench of a UGA Dawg poser as its' head coach.

It sucks to lose any time, but thanks Steve, indirectly I guess.....

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will he end up with Spurrier next year?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n105991 said:
Will he end up with Spurrier next year?

You are delusional. While I am certain that we WILL have a new head coach next year, it won't be Steve. At 69, he's done. He'll coach probably one more year at SC, and then retire to his beach house on Crescent Beach.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n105994 said:
You are delusional. While I am certain that we WILL have a new head coach next year, it won't be Steve. At 69, he's done. He'll coach probably one more year at SC, and then retire to his beach house on Crescent Beach.

I think alcoholica was suggesting Muschamp might be the next DC for the chickens.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when Zook was fired yet Illinois was all over him to be their coach? A similar school will offer Muschamp a HC job next year, which I expect him to take.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
56217973.jpg

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He will be 70. Please. That is not the future of Florida football. He is the glorious past. Leave it at that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you, SOS, fire killing that beady-eyed, retarded Dawg Fooley decided to adopt.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I love Spurrier, but that team he fielded yesterday was awful. Maybe he's losing a step. The fact that he beat Chimp is immaterial as he stinks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cock's DC is worse than Zook. It's taken thirty years to see a worse DC.

Probably means Fooley will hire that guy as our next HC.

usmcmfs

Nov 5, 2014
kepler;n106572 said:
I love Spurrier, but that team he fielded yesterday was awful. Maybe he's losing a step. The fact that he beat Chimp is immaterial as he stinks.

One of his best offensive seasons at SC. Defense was simply terrible. He's coming off 3 straight 11 win seasons so unless you are seriously suggesting dementia of some sort.......no he hasn't lost anything.

He would win at Florida next year. We would have our swagger back on Day One. We would start coaching up our kids Day One. We would have our pride back Day One.

But it is not going to happen. It wont be pursued. It won't be offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.