Submit your Gator questions to Matt Hayes of The Sporting News!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"srivet" I don't expect all those questions get a turn .... just didn't want us to seem apathetic. You probably have the best questions on your on.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will the SEC remain the top Conference or has the shift of power already started?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
American interest in soccer appears to be tepid at best however I personally want to soak up as much knowledge about the sport as I can. Here's my list of questions:
Does Luis Suarez speak with a high-pitched whiny lisp like Mike Tyson?
Is there a plan by FIFA for women to join the league and compete with men? (think lingerie futball)
Why does the goalie always wear a different coloured uniform?
Why does the goalie always seem to fall down as he makes a defensive play? Does it make him appear to be trying harder?
Thanks in advance. I'll close now and await your response.
ein Mann mit großen Kugeln Spaziergänge beugen Beinen

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Could you also ask him for his short list of the brightest up and coming young coaches? Where does he Petrino landing in a year or two? Does he think Shaw would consider leaving Stanford for any other college gig?
Thx Sonoma. I know there's some on here that don't think much of him, but I really like what he's done over there. He would be one of my top choices if the need arises, but have heard he probably wouldn't be interested in leaving there except for the NFL.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
Will the SEC remain the top Conference or has the shift of power already started?
Excellent question....

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
"srivet" I don't expect all those questions get a turn .... just didn't want us to seem apathetic. You probably have the best questions on your on.
He already knows what type of questions I would ask and he and I would be the only interested parties. They would have pertained to journalism and the changes in the way information is obtained and shared, and the changes in the way language is used in broadcast journalism. Most sports related questions I had have been addressed here.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you all for participating. I will send these questions to Hayes in a few minutes. When I receive his responses I will put it all together and post the interview here. I really have no idea when that might be as he is in Hoover (they must have wifi in Hoover, Alabama...) for the week. Then the other conferences have their little shindigs. Might be a while, but we'll see...

Thanks again.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And thanks for making this sticky, Oxrageous. Worked out just fine!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Could you also ask him for his short list of the brightest up and coming young coaches? Where does he Petrino landing in a year or two? Does he think Shaw would consider leaving Stanford for any other college gig?
I believe Shaw is also a Stanford grad, so there is loyality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.