Sully is staying!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Great news, it looks like the clamoring for spending $$$ for athletics is beginning to take hold. It will be really interesting to see the "Master Plan" when its published.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Should have made this a poll. At this point I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be happy or upset. Someone help me out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is good news, obviously. I'm just surprised how much college baseball coaches are making. What do you think the position coach at Stetson or Florida Southern makes? $40K?

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Great news, Great Timing . I also hope he is right about facility improvements. Foley has said the baseball facility is part of the master plan.
I know most are not baseball fans, but the field could use a few dollars. Wished I lived in FL, I would make all the games.

Florida baseball will be competitive for a long time..

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Should have made this a poll. At this point I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be happy or upset. Someone help me out.

I think you should be happy.
bbym.gif

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think A&M was targeting him.

You guys really aren't Gator baseball fans.

Texas fired their longtime coach, Augie Garrido, who has won multiple national championships at the school but has slipped lately, in part due to the success A&M is having.
Texas made it known that Sully was their top target and given that they were paying Garrido $1 million + we were concerned that he would take the job and the 2x compensation. Texas believes that Sully is the very best coach in the college game and they were willing to pay whatever to get him. It appears that Foley has stepped up on salary for Sully and his assistants while also committing to facility improvements.
Translated, it appears that Foley has finally awakened from his multiyear slumber.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You guys really aren't Gator baseball fans.

Texas fired their longtime coach, Augie Garrido, who has won multiple national championships at the school but has slipped lately, in part due to the success A&M is having.
Texas made it known that Sully was their top target and given that they were paying Garrido $1 million + we were concerned that he would take the job and the 2x compensation. Texas believes that Sully is the very best coach in the college game and they were willing to pay whatever to get him. It appears that Foley has stepped up on salary for Sully and his assistants while also committing to facility improvements.
Translated, it appears that Foley has finally awakened from his multiyear slumber.

They were paying that guy over a million bucks a year to coach college baseball? That is crazy if true. No way should a college baseball coach get anything like that with the financial realities of that sport. I hope that million dollar figure is a multi year contract.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They were paying that guy over a million bucks a year to coach college baseball? That is crazy if true. No way should a college baseball coach get anything like that with the financial realities of that sport. I hope that million dollar figure is a multi year contract.

Unfortunately, it is true.
Texas has more money than common sense and they will pay whatever it takes to try and stay on top.

Keep in mind that this is the school that extorts millions of dollars from the other schools in the Big 12, leveraging their large fan base, while simultaneously printing money from the Longhorn Network.

Texas and their greed is solely responsible for the realignment in college football and will continue to be a disruptive force in college athletics. I used to like Texas but I view them as the college version of the devil now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, it is true.
Texas has more money than common sense and they will pay whatever it takes to try and stay on top.

Keep in mind that this is the school that extorts millions of dollars from the other schools in the Big 12, leveraging their large fan base, while simultaneously printing money from the Longhorn Network.

Texas and their greed is solely responsible for the realignment in college football and will continue to be a disruptive force in college athletics. I used to like Texas but I view them as the college version of the devil now.

Crazy stuff and I thought it was just football and basketball where salaries were getting out of hand.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If O'Sullivan had taken the Texas job, it would be Foley's fault for being a cheapskate. If we don't win the National Championship this year, it will be Foley's fault for keeping Sully. If we do win the Natty, we can thank the Board of Regents or Kent Fuchs. As for the financial bump, fuk it we're Florida!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If O'Sullivan had taken the Texas job, it would be Foley's fault for being a cheapskate. If we don't win the National Championship this year, it will be Foley's fault for keeping Sully. If we do win the Natty, we can thank the Board of Regents or Kent Fuchs. As for the financial bump, fuk it we're Florida!

If Sully is getting that kind of money now I wouldn't have faulted Foley for moving on to someone else. That shouldn't be the market for a college baseball coach - not even close imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator