Summers will be the only coach retained

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: OL coach Mike Summers is the only coach being retained at Florida. Chris Leak will stay at Florida but in a non coaching role

Good. I'm also glad that Leak will be sticking around.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: #Gators fans buckle your seat belts because @CoachMcElwain, Drew Hughes and the new coaches are going to be recruiting everyone.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: Reports: Florida #Gators to hire Greg Nord (TE, special teams) and Terrell Williams (DL), lose Travaris Robinson - http://t.co/LU27yVh1CQ

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: Interesting from latest USA Today salary database: Chris Leak compensation $150K, Travaris Robinson $510K - http://t.co/V3plpm7m9X #Gators

Maybe Leak will be one of those "consultants" that Bama has. To break that coach limitation.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n143742 said:
@ThomasGoldkamp: Interesting from latest USA Today salary database: Chris Leak compensation $150K, Travaris Robinson $510K - http://t.co/V3plpm7m9X #Gators

Maybe Leak will be one of those "consultants" that Bama has. To break that coach limitation.

Now we need about 49 more coaches to do assume analyst roles so our staff will be up to par with Bama's. :cool:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad we're looking out for leak. I hope this staff is bad ass and leak learns from em and climbs the ladder

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
Ideally, I would of liked to of kept Summers, TRob, and Lawing, but this works out as well. Terrell is a fantastic replacement for Lawing, and we will see who the final 2 spots go to. Perhaps Callahan and Bell, though I think they will bring in someone of with more experience coaching the DBs. Regardless, I'm almost glad we basically cleaned house. It's time to move on and get moving in another direction, one in which McElwain and this staff seemingly fit the bill very well.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad Summers is staying!!!

Initially I thought it was important to keep T-Rob and still would have been ok with it. But sitting back and observing and comparing some points of view...I have no issue with douching the whole staff. Summers and Leak's capacity are fine by me. As of today we have 8 commits, 8! So maybe T-Rob was not doing as well of a job as we all were thinking he did. You can be the best recruiter in the would but if you can't coach a lick it won't matter and better talent will go elsewhere. Exactly why we've missed out on some top players and been trolled by others. It defintely looks as if Mac knows what he's doing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we continue to see 3-4 defenders in the backfield by the time the QB hands the ball off in 2015, some of you will wish we'd completely cleaned house and started over fresh.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When we see 3 or 4 defenders in the backfield, it's because there were 8 in the box to begin with and we ran the ball despite that. Most of it has been hardheaded insistence on running the ball even when we shouldn't. Most of the other is playing a moron at QB who can't mentally pull the trigger and holds on too long. Sacks dropped in half once we canned the QB.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n144244 said:
Sacks dropped in half once we canned the QB.

I thought that was just because the new one was too short to find behind all them linemen.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is the only guy on the staff I don't mind keeping for obvious reasons, one of which is recruiting. Summers is the primary recruiter of all 3 linemen committed. Everyone else I wanted gone.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n144249 said:
This is the only guy on the staff I don't mind keeping for obvious reasons, one of which is recruiting. Summers is the primary recruiter of all 3 linemen committed. Everyone else I wanted gone.

Exactly. Biggest area of concern, best coach from old staff, improvement made. Mac is on this.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dawgchamp was the source of the infection. Other than the improvement we saw this last year on the OL with Summers, the other position coaches didn't seem to be able to develop the players. (guys like Fowler & VHIII etc are born studs) so it was either more micromanaging from the top or they weren't that competent. Send them down the road and let's start anew. I'm alright with keeping Summers, we did see improvement at that position and hopefully it helps land those highly rated big uglies we need so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator