Swinney says Urban Meyer will quit soon

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Yes I think he’ll be done in 3-5 years. He doesn’t seem to have as much fire as he did when we hired him.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I believe it was Dabo's way of getting back at Meyer for calling Clemson a "broken program".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, when the going gets tough, Creyer fakes a heart attack. His record is what it is.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Meyer will finish his career at UND. He might have jumped this year had UND not bounced back and saved their coach's job. I guess Meyer might take an NFL job at some point, but I really think when he does 6 years a UND he will be done.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah he will go to ND sooner or later for sure

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Urbs looks really old. It seems like the job is eating him up. Whether he knows that or not is another issue. Take your mega millions, get a life, and live a lot longer. Or keep on beating your brains out and REALLY have the big one. Decisions, decisions.

I'm not fond of Urbs but that doesn't mean that I'd like to see him keel over on the field.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not shocked at all. High pressure career with expectations but really can't handle the high pressure.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
He is not going to the NFL and OSU is probably his last stop in college. I could actually see him leaving soon and taking like 10 years off until some desperate program in the dumps comes calling an old coach that probably doesn't have it anymore to fix their program.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It came out of nowhere when he quit on us. Anyone know if he's got a side slam piece up in Columbus? Might hasten the departure a bit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It came out of nowhere when he quit on us. Anyone know if he's got a side slam piece up in Columbus? Might hasten the departure a bit.
having a side piece probably ensures that he stays longer. it's getting caught with a side piece that causes issues.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's definitely showing some signs of cracking. I'm not they usual Meyer hater, but little things like this, being left out of the playoff, the shut out last season, etc., kind of remind me of his time here. Peers in his conference have caught up, and his message begins to get stale. Still a top 3 overall coach, but some visible concerns nonetheless.

I personally don't see him taking another job. The transformation between us and OhSt was supposed to have fixed the problem. If he burns out again, his credibility is toast. Anyway, what's this UND talk. Do you mean UNDSB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.