Tabor on C J Worton

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I remember reading the Worton has some maturity issues. He's just a bit of a screwball is the way I took it. Nothing illegal or bad just hard to take seriously sometimes and wasn't very consistent. Hopefully he's grown up some.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If CJ was balling out in practice and making plays then he would have been on the field more. If he is doing that now then I imagine he will get some playing time. He has a lot more competition now though...

Calloway
Cleveland
Swain
Massey
Powell
Hammond
Wells

Our WR group has gotten significantly more talented. I hope CJ balls out and becomes a threat because that is better for the Gators, but I don't think any of this is on the coaches.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If Tabor's comment on Worton doesn't

Link or context? Was Tabor just gushing on CJ, or was there a question asked he was answering? Was the question pointed about CJ or a general one about WR or about the offense? Context helps give weight to the quote. Not knocking your post, and appreciate you sharing it, but I also recognize a difference between this being an answer to "Will we see more CJ?" or Tabor just deciding CJ is a big enough deal he needs someone speaking up for him and getting some attention sent his way.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Years ago, I had a patient who made a final good-bye appointment because he was moving to Arizona.
His son had been drafted, as a receiver, by the Arizona Cardinals. His son told him this story about his
first day at CFB practice. The megaphone guy called out the positions to line up here. He lined up with
the WRs and the coach came over to inform him he was in the wrong place -- he was the only white guy.
He must have worked out since he made it to the NFL.

It was a joke.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Could be, but 84% NFL WRs and 98% CB are African American -- superior speed is the separator.

98% has been 100% of all corners on active rosters since 2014. Julian Edelman was the last white starting corner in the NFL, that was 2011. Yes the same Julian Edelman who is the starting Wide Receiver for the Patriots, the starting was due to roster depth and injury.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Link or context? Was Tabor just gushing on CJ, or was there a question asked he was answering? Was the question pointed about CJ or a general one about WR or about the offense? Context helps give weight to the quote. Not knocking your post, and appreciate you sharing it, but I also recognize a difference between this being an answer to "Will we see more CJ?" or Tabor just deciding CJ is a big enough deal he needs someone speaking up for him and getting some attention sent his way.

http://m.gatorsports.com/Section/552/Article/160729999

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
Quotes on CJ from coaching staff:

Callahan tried recruiting him to UCF in the 2014 cycle. He said the UF sophomore has the talent, but just needs to develop both physically and mentally.

“Maturity has to be the biggest side of him,” Callahan said. “At the end of the day when you saw J.J. go from that immature stage, to talented player, to being almost a grown up in terms of understanding of how important this is. That’s when you started to see the big-play ability, the studying of the film.

“C.J. is at that point, as well. Do I think he can be as good? Yeah. Do I think he can be as good as his brother? I don’t know if he’s as big as his brother, but I do think he’s faster and quicker than his brother.”

Worton caught just two passes in three games as a true freshman. He started Florida’s season opener but broke his hand in a “dumb” off-the-field incident.

“It was upsetting,” he said. “Coming in here throughout the whole summer, doing everything right, being able to work my way up the depth chart. Then getting an opportunity to play in the first game and actually having the coaches rely on me to step up and probably make plays. (The injury) was definitely disappointing. I was young and I made a dumb mistake, but I just had to learn from it.”

McElwain : "I was excited to see the speed at which he played but really knowing what to do and doing it at full speed is something that I thought showed up. And yet I expect that of him. I don't expect him to take a step back. He's got a long ways to go. He does have some explosive playmaking ability if he allows himself to do it."

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only 14 since he was starting... Though he wasn't starting before he finally left the league. Didn't he have an injury in the late 90's that turned him into a backup?
14 since he hung em up - close to 20 since his injury (returning a kick in a preseason game).
You are correct.
After a highly successful season in 1997, Sehorn suffered a debilitating knee injury, tearing his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments while returning the opening kickoff in the 1998 preseason game against the New York Jets.[5] Though Sehorn returned the next season, his speed was greatly diminished.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
14 since he hung em up - close to 20 since his injury (returning a kick in a preseason game).
You are correct.
After a highly successful season in 1997, Sehorn suffered a debilitating knee injury, tearing his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments while returning the opening kickoff in the 1998 preseason game against the New York Jets.[5] Though Sehorn returned the next season, his speed was greatly diminished.

I remembered the injury, didn't remember it was preseason. That just sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator