Tabor says Calloway will be back

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some good news here.....takes our thoughts off the two thugs that got arrested yesterday! :D

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...a-cb-jalen-tabor-updates-on-antonio-callaway/

Florida cornerback Jalen Tabor is out and about touring New York City today, making multiple media appearances and sharing photos on social media along the way. He was asked about suspended teammate Antonio Callway during one of his sit-ins, and whether he thought he’d be back on the team for the upcoming 2016 season.

“Yeah, we think he’ll be back,” said Tabor. “We’re just waiting for the process with the school that they’ve got going. Waiting for that to get over with, but me and Callaway work out on our own a lot. He’s still in tip-top shape and ready to compete for the Gators this fall.”

View image on Twitter
CnvDHXBWIAAAbML.jpg:small

Follow
Landon Watnick @LandonWatnick

#Gators CB Jalen Tabor on WR Antonio Callaway:

10:40 AM - 19 Jul 2016

Last month, Callaway’s suspension was modified to allow him to be on campus to take classes and use the facilities — a significant step forward to a potential return to the team. Getting him back would go a long way for the Florida passing game in 2016, wrote our very own Andrew Olson:

Assuming Callaway is back, it means the Gators have a proven playmaker on offense, something that can’t really be said to describe anyone else wearing orange and blue. Whether it’s getting behind cornerbacks for the deep ball, or weaving his way through the defense, Callaway is the biggest scoring threat in the passing game. Put simply – get the ball in No. 81’s hands and good things happen for the Gators.

Callaway has been suspended since January for an alleged student conduct code violation. He missed all of spring practice.

Florida will host UMass in Week 1.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, that would be a great break.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We think? That's not exactly 100%. I thought this would have played out months ago. Disappointed at the lack of due process.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I just listened to the whole interview with Full Ride on Sirius XM. Tabor did a fantastic job.

Not direct quotes, but here is basically what he said:

- When asked about Tennessee being predicted to win the East - The East title comes through us. We feel confident that we can beat Tennessee.

- Says UF is definitely DBU

- Said he came to UF because of the legacy at DB and wanting to be part of that.

- Said not being on the Thorpe watch list is motivation and probably what happened is that they figured he wouldn't get the numbers because QBs won't throw his way.

Those were the key things I caught. He represented UF very well. After the Full Ride crew (Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel) talked about UF and Chris Childers was actually very pro UF... he picked UT to win, but he also said that based on what he is hearing from players Luke Del Rio is the real deal and talked about how we smoked Ole Miss when we had a QB and the fact that we didn't have any semblance of a QB. Childers also said that Josh Dobbs can't complete a forward pass. He said he picked UT because they have all the returning guys and no situation where you don't know what they have.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We think? That's not exactly 100%. I thought this would have played out months ago. Disappointed at the lack of due process.

It's a university issue. There's nothing Mac can do. He has no control over the University. Unlike Saban with Bama and Briles with with Baylor.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... a University issue ... could be he got caught "cheating". Something like turning in an essay that
he bought off the internet. Kids don't realize the University has software that analyzes phrase groupings
and kicks out the prior written essays that match. Young non-writers (i.e. they just hate the writing process)
may take this so-easy way out....(when they should be counseled, that plowing through these tasks that
they're weak on, is exactly what education is.)

On this incident (and others of other players) Mac should be fully informed so that after the suspension
is over Mac puts a designated scholar-tutor with the offender to teach proficiency in any scholastic task
that he "fears".

Gang, how exciting will it be to have bookend WRs that defenses will have to rightly fear ? Go 2016 Gators !

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It's a university issue. There's nothing Mac can do. He has no control over the University. Unlike Saban with Bama and Briles with with Baylor.
It's still ridiculous it's taking them this long to figure it out. We're going on 6 months now

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
... a University issue ... could be he got caught "cheating". Something like turning in an essay that
he bought off the internet. Kids don't realize the University has software that analyzes phrase groupings
and kicks out the prior written essays that match. Young non-writers (i.e. they just hate the writing process)
may take this so-easy way out....(when they should be counseled, that plowing through these tasks that

On this incident (and others of other players) Mac should be fully informed so that after the suspension
is over Mac puts a designated scholar-tutor with the offender to teach proficiency in any scholastic task
that he "fears".

Gang, how exciting will it be to have bookend WRs that defenses will have to rightly fear ? Go 2016 Gators !

Or we can do like most of our rivals and stop making the players go to class.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Or we can do like most of our rivals and stop making the players go to class.

DbGdad, cut Bama and FSU some slack ... you know how hard it is to find class in Tallahassee & Tuscaloosa.

By the way, what's the educational particulars about your brilliant daughters ? Carefully choose your words.
Don't want to open yourself to any snide remarks here.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

that he "fears".

Roger I am predicting we have a complete
offense this year. Coach Mac's full offense
will be on display. Baring significant injuries
I think we score a lot of points. The defense
won't be on the field near as much as last
year. Gator football will be fun again.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's still ridiculous it's taking them this long to figure it out. We're going on 6 months now
Longer, the incident happened in either late December or early January

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
And Jimbo with the Univeristy, FSU police, Tallahassee police, etc

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think they don't have it figured out? The problem is that we know nothing.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think they don't have it figured out? The problem is that we know nothing.
Really!! Florida keeps secrets better than the CIA. Not even a careless, classified email discovered on Callaway.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Inquiring minds wanna know.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of CIA, is Powell in the witness protection program? He was supposed to be a superstar and he dissapeared. He could take some heat off of AC.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
He will be officially reinstated by the end of the month.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DbGdad, cut Bama and FSU some slack ... you know how hard it is to find class in Tallahassee & Tuscaloosa.

By the way, what's the educational particulars about your brilliant daughters ? Carefully choose your words.
Don't want to open yourself to any snide remarks here.

Not sure I am following your question so please clarify if I miss it.

I don't have daughters, I have two sons that both graduated from UF, hence the name "Double Gator Dad".
As you can tell, I am very proud of them since they got into school 100% based upon merit. No athletes, no minorities, and no legacies to lean on here just a lot of hard work that resulted in academic excellence.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My mistake DubGatDad. Long time ago I must've assumed your 'kids' were daughters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator