Taggart accuses VaTech of faking injuries

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Taggarts buyout is only more than Mullens up to the completion of year 3. Mullens stays at 12M while Taggarts drops to 8M after year 4. I doubt either gets canned before then unless they're caught cheating, lying etc
4 years is certain? FSU's fans were freaking out after 1 game. Tell that to Mac who got fired in year 3 after winning the SEC East his first 2 years. If Mullen gets through year 3 then he should be fine with the new football center coming on line so his buyout will be a moot point.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This just in : Taggart has asked the administration for $5 million for a parking lot practice center.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, VT faked one or two, it doesn't cause you to run the wildcat and get it blown up in a key spot, along with other dumbass playcalls.
Willie was acting like this was something new. My father pointed out this strategy back in the stone age -- long before the hurry up. They used to do this because they were tired.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Taggart also has a number of bonuses that he could also achieve.

BONUS MONEY
Win National Championship Game $500,000
Make National Championship Game $250,000
Make Semifinal Game $250,000
Make New Year's Six Bowl $175,000
Make Bowl with 7+ wins $100,000
Make Bowl $50,000
Win ACC Title $150,000
Make ACC Championship Game $100,000
ACC Coach of the Year $50,000
Undefeated Season $100,000
National Coach of the Year $75,000
Single year APR over 950 $100,000
Single year APR over 975 $175,000
Single year APR over 990 $200,000
Single year APR of 1000 $250,000

:what:

Good thing for them it looks like at least that money is safe.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
4 years is certain? FSU's fans were freaking out after 1 game. Tell that to Mac who got fired in year 3 after winning the SEC East his first 2 years. If Mullen gets through year 3 then he should be fine with the new football center coming on line so his buyout will be a moot point.
Mac got fired because he lied. It was an easy way to get rid of him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All the suspensions, bad recruiting ,poor athlete conditioning, pissing off the AD brought him down well before the death threat comments.

They brought forward evidence from 2015.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course what brings down coaches is losses. The death threat comments just lowered the cost of what was already being planned following the losses and other issues.

Was more than losses, much more...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. But losses are the trip wire. Meyer is still in place because he has few losses.

You look at it as losses... If he was winning Championships, he might be in place, but you dont' make an environment toxic and win.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You look at it as losses... If he was winning Championships, he might be in place, but you dont' make an environment toxic and win.
Losses combined with mishaps, recruiting is what I look at.

If Meyer had the same number of losses and recruiting as Mac last season combined with his recent mishap he would be bye bye.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was more than losses, much more...
flush.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Losses combined with mishaps, recruiting is what I look at.

If Meyer had the same number of losses and recruiting as Mac last season combined with his recent mishap he would be bye bye.

If Meyer had the same record at OSU that McElwain had before the investigation, he would have been gone. McElwain was signing his release from UF Jan 1st 2017.

GatormanTX

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2015
I know it sounds good to say they left a TD off the board, but I thought the guys leg was down outside and he was
Losing the ball. It wasn’t called a TD on the field. I’m happier feeling like it wasn’t a TD.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know it sounds good to say they left a TD off the board, but I thought the guys leg was down outside and he was
Losing the ball. It wasn’t called a TD on the field. I’m happier feeling like it wasn’t a TD.

That's what Fowler refused to accept. I don't like the "has to be conclusive to overturn" mindset at all. I'd prefer they review it with an open mind. But it's the rule. There was nothing conclusive showing his leg/shin didn't hit the ground, which was their original position. The reason they didn't stop to review it was because it wasn't an angle concern. That shot was as good as it was going to get, and it was initially ruled down. If it had been called the opposite, Fuente would've been stonewalled the exact same way. The whole goal of IR is to get it right, while not unnecessarily disrupting the flow of the game. By that standard, they did exactly what they should've done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb